Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: February 16, 2020
WANTED: AMERICAN SYSTEMS is hiring a cleared Project Controller
in our Chantilly, VA office. This position will support a key
program and may be asked to support other programs as workload
allows. This position will report to the Assistant Offering
As a Project Controller, you will:
- Work with a team of motivated and highly skilled
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes an Employee
Stock Ownership Plan!
- Be part of an empowered accountability culture where each
employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and
growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Project Controller:
The Project Controller participates in the setup, planning,
tracking, analysis and reporting for multiple projects of varying
contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. This individual
will have an understanding and wide application of principles,
concepts, practices and standards in Project Control and have a
broad knowledge of industry practices. Responsibilities include
significant interface with program/project managers, customers,
subcontractors and technical staff as well as other functional
support areas including contracts, finance, accounts receivable,
procurement; both subcontracts and purchasing, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a business relationship with assigned Program/Project
Manager(s) (to include Directorate management if applicable).
Provide financial guidance and support to facilitate the accurate
set-up, performance and reporting of projects. This will include
providing guidance and roll-up data for weekly, monthly, quarterly
and yearly data-calls. Based upon knowledge of project performance,
assist in the development of forecasts on a monthly or quarterly
- Understand the contract document(s). Identify and confirm
requirements with the Contracts Administrator and the
Program/Project Manager(s) to include reporting and invoicing
obligations and other items that may affect the project's set up in
Costpoint. Maintain PC project working files to include base
contract and all subsequent modifications.
- Set up and maintain assigned projects in Costpoint based on
project and contract requirements and in compliance with the
Company's set up rules to ensure the proper recognition of revenue
along with reporting to support contract requirements.
- Monitor work-at-risk projects. Ensure compliance with the
Company's work-at-risk and revenue-at-risk policies.
- Review actual project expenses for accuracy and completeness.
Identify and correct any issues in a timely manner to ensure the
proper recognition of revenue and a correct invoice.
- Coordinate with the Program Project Manager(s) on a monthly to
help prepare updated estimates to complete as part of the (EAC) for
- Regularly monitor assigned project performance and cost
estimates to complete (ETC)/estimates at completion (EAC) for
reasonableness against plans and actual expense rate. Research and
provide timely explanations for variations in project performance
to Finance Accounting. Based on the analysis of data, provide
observations and recommendations to the Program Project
- Prepare and provide assorted reports for internal and/or
external customers to include funding summaries, Limitation of
Funds (LOF) and Limitation of Costs (LOC) notifications (in
coordination with the Contract Administrator), Project Status
Report (PSR) queries and other reports as required.
- Together with the billing department, ensure project invoices
are accurately prepared, reviewed, approved, and timely submitted.
As necessary, assist the Program/Project Manager(s) in collecting
client receivables and managing days sales outstanding (DSO).
- Provide monthly reconciliation of billed/unbilled vs. revenue
activity to include researching unexplained reconciling items.
- As required, assist Program Project Managers and members of the
Pricing Group with bid and pricing support and proposal
- Provide assistance in the development of yearly business plans
and monthly updates to the forecast for assigned Program/Project
Managers and Directors.
- Ensure compliance with the Company's financial policies and
procedures to include revenue recognition policies and project set
up rules. Serve as a liaison between the business office and
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for
potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to
improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government
services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to
complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide.
Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement
new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission
critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural
beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. AWARDED
BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with an
emphasis in finance, accounting or other related discipline.
- 6+ years of Project Control or related experience is
- The candidate must possess a strong background working with
multiple contract types-FFP, FPLOE, T&M, CPAF, CPFF, hybrid
contracts and applicable FAR and DFAR clauses.
- The candidate must have a working knowledge of Government
Contracting and the ability to complete assignments of moderate
complexity on time within a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must be able to multi-task and support different
customers/projects that may be at different locations.
- A working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint is essential.
- Candidates should be able to work independently and as part of
a team depending on the circumstances.
- The candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate their
analytical skills, and communication skills-both verbal and written
and be able to work efficiently and effectively to meet deadlines
- Strong working, hands on knowledge of MS Office Software
(Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Deltek Costpoint Project Module and
Cognos (CER) reporting.
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Chantilly , Project Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!