Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: May 16, 2020
WANTED: AMERICAN SYSTEMS is hiring a cleared Project
Controller in our Chantilly, VA office. This position
will support a key program and may be asked to support
other programs as workload allows. This position will
report to the Assistant Offering Controller.
As a Project Controller, you will:
* Work with a team of motivated and highly skilled
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes an
Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be part of an empowered accountability culture where
each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the
future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Project Controller:
The Project Controller participates in the setup,
planning, tracking, analysis and reporting for multiple
projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and
level of risk. This individual will have an
understanding and wide application of principles,
concepts, practices and standards in Project Control and
have a broad knowledge of industry practices.
Responsibilities include significant interface with
program/project managers, customers, subcontractors and
technical staff as well as other functional support
areas including contracts, finance, accounts receivable,
procurement; both subcontracts and purchasing, etc.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Establish a business relationship with assigned
Program/Project Manager(s) (to include Directorate
management if applicable). Provide financial
guidance and support to facilitate the accurate
set-up, performance and reporting of projects. This
will include providing guidance and roll-up data for
weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly data-calls.
Based upon knowledge of project performance, assist
in the development of forecasts on a monthly or
* Understand the contract document(s). Identify and
confirm requirements with the Contracts
Administrator and the Program/Project Manager(s) to
include reporting and invoicing obligations and
other items that may affect the project's set up in
Costpoint. Maintain PC project working files to
include base contract and all subsequent
* Set up and maintain assigned projects in Costpoint
based on project and contract requirements and in
compliance with the Company's set up rules to ensure
the proper recognition of revenue along with
reporting to support contract requirements.
* Monitor work-at-risk projects. Ensure compliance
with the Company's work-at-risk and revenue-at-risk
* Review actual project expenses for accuracy and
completeness. Identify and correct any issues in a
timely manner to ensure the proper recognition of
revenue and a correct invoice.
* Coordinate with the Program\Project Manager(s) on a
monthly to help prepare updated estimates to
complete as part of the (EAC) for revenue
* Regularly monitor assigned project performance and
cost estimates to complete (ETC)/estimates at
completion (EAC) for reasonableness against plans
and actual expense rate. Research and provide timely
explanations for variations in project performance
to Finance Accounting. Based on the analysis of
data, provide observations and recommendations to
the Program\Project Manager.
* Prepare and provide assorted reports for internal
and/or external customers to include funding
summaries, Limitation of Funds (LOF) and Limitation
of Costs (LOC) notifications (in coordination with
the Contract Administrator), Project Status Report
(PSR) queries and other reports as required.
* Together with the billing department, ensure project
invoices are accurately prepared, reviewed,
approved, and timely submitted. As necessary, assist
the Program/Project Manager(s) in collecting client
receivables and managing days sales outstanding
* Provide monthly reconciliation of billed/unbilled
vs. revenue activity to include researching
unexplained reconciling items.
* As required, assist Program\Project Managers and
members of the Pricing Group with bid and pricing
support and proposal development.
* Provide assistance in the development of yearly
business plans and monthly updates to the forecast
for assigned Program/Project Managers and Directors.
* Ensure compliance with the Company's financial
policies and procedures to include revenue
recognition policies and project set up rules. Serve
as a liaison between the business office and
* Continually assess ongoing processes to identify
areas for potential improvement. As required,
participate in initiatives to improve processes
(i.e. participate in working groups).
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a
government services contractor focused on delivering
Strategic Solutions to complex national priority
programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our
employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference,
implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and
focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on
quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we
deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST
by U.S. Veterans
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with
an emphasis in finance, accounting or other related
* 6+ years of Project Control or related experience is
* The candidate must possess a strong background
working with multiple contract types FFP, FPLOE,
T&M, CPAF, CPFF, hybrid contracts and applicable FAR
and DFAR clauses.
* The candidate must have a working knowledge of
Government Contracting and the ability to complete
assignments of moderate complexity on time within a
* The candidate must be able to multi-task and support
different customers/projects that may be at
* A working knowledge of Deltek Costpoint is
* Candidates should be able to work independently and
as part of a team depending on the circumstances.
* The candidate should possess and be able to
demonstrate their analytical skills, and
communication skills both verbal and written and be
able to work efficiently and effectively to meet
deadlines and requirements.
* Strong working, hands on knowledge of MS Office
Software (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Deltek
Costpoint Project Module and Cognos (CER) reporting.
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Chantilly , Project Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!