Posted on: November 14, 2023
Chantilly, VA (In Office)
$75 - $85/hr
6 Month Contract with Potential to Hire
Kelly Services has recently partnered with our manufacturing
customer, specifically in the medical space, of over 50 years in
business. Due to an upcoming departure, they need a Controller to
step in at least through Q1, but potentially remain as the
permanent employee if performance is proven.
This person will have 5 direct reports and is responsible for all
accounting operations of the company including month end closing,
consolidation, production of financial reports and analysis.
Offering a great company culture, environment and team, this is an
excellent opportunity for someone to step in and make an
Perks if hired permanently include:
- Bonus eligible + salary
- Carry over PTO
- Excellent medical, dental and vision plans
- 401K with 6% match
- Partner with CEO and CFO Daily Duties:
- Hire, train, mentor, develop, and retain qualified and
- Manage the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close and
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related analysis.
- Manage and supervise accounting department employees.
Responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership.
- Assist the CFO in the coordination of all fiscal and operating
reporting activities and systems for the organization, including
the production of monthly and real time key metric reports,
financial statements, and cash flow projections.
- Assist the CFO in the development and maintenance of systems of
internal controls and records to safeguard the assets of the
- Assist the CFO in developing and responsible for maintaining
accounting systems, procedures, processes, and controls.
- Work closely with the Operations team and maintain the
Company's cost accounting systems.
- Assist in the creation of budgets and forecasts along with
related reports and analysis.
- Ensure preparation of sales, use tax returns, and supply
required data for Federal and State tax returns.
- Manage the financial and tax annual audit processes and other 3
rd party audits as requested.
- Assist the CFO in management, coordination and analysis
associated with business insurance, 401(k) and other benefit
- Oversee financial reports for stockholders, taxes, regulatory
agencies, and other financial groups relating to company finances.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience; experience in a manufacturing
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Exceptional knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting, cost
accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Goal oriented
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work
with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related
resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans
including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole
life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and
short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to
a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans
(earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit
spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid
sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for
more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you
as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Get a complete career fit with Kelly .
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and
we're here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect
you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow,
and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most
importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your
Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it
can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your
next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of
your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves
everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is
why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with
limitless opportunities to enrich your life-just ask the 300,000
people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace
diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that
is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities,
perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more
inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for
accommodation related to our application process can be directed to
Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the
requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A
conviction does not automatically bar individuals from
Keywords: Kelly, Chantilly , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!