Sr. Staff Accountant (VA, Chantilly)
Company: System High Corporation
Posted on: February 14, 2019
SR. STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Number of Openings
Location: Chantilly, VA
Supporting: Corporate Headquarters
Classification: Full Time/Exempt
The Senior Staff Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager/Controller to handle day-to-day General Ledger activity.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
* Review and Posting of Accounts Payable Vouchers
* Review and Posting of Monthly Billing
* Assist with general accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting and budgetary controls.
* Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
* Assist in preparation of operational analysis metrics, analyze indirect expenses and find and report explanations for variances, make recommendations for cost reductions.
* Oversee fixed assets accounting, tax depreciation, roll forward, etc.
* Prepare monthly accrual journal entries.
* Prepare payroll journal.
* Assist with Financial Audits
* Other duties as assigned
Required Skills (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
* Excellent Work Ethic
* Desire to perform in a high-paced work environment
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
* Ability to meet critical deadlines when necessary
* Strategic Thinking
* Extensive Government Contracting/FAR/CAS knowledge
* MS Excel Proficiency
* Time management skills
Professional Business Functions
* Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations
* Available to work before/after typical office hours
* Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
* Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literate
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to multitask
* No Clearance required
* Ability to obtain and maintain TS government clearance is desired
Years of Experience/Education Requirements
* Minimum of 10 years experience
* Deltek Costpoint 2+ years
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain all job duties required of the employee. There may be additional activities, duties and/or responsibilities that are required for this position that are not listed in this job description.
* In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
* System High is a Military friendly employer. Our extensive work on behalf of the U.S. government offers those who have served in uniform an opportunity to continue to serve their country in a new and exciting way while enjoying a successful civilian career.
* System High Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. EEO is the Law
About the Organization
From our start in 2005, System High has been recognized as the provider of choice for innovative security engineering. Delivering high-end information protection services, over 50% of our security professionals are US Military veterans. Patriotism, commitment to excellence, and successful mission accomplishment permeate our corporate culture. Whether designing or constructing secure facilities (SCIFs), performing IT systems certification and accreditation, establishing regulatory compliant corporate security programs, or producing life-cycle protection planning for complex systems acquisitions, System High has the expertise and tools to facilitate mission success.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: System High Corporation, Chantilly , Sr. Staff Accountant (VA, Chantilly), Accounting, Auditing , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!