Subcontract Admin Principal
Company: BAE Systems
Posted on: January 15, 2020
In support of a Business Area with over $1 billion in annual
revenue and material spend in the hundreds of million procure
materials, equipment, supplies and services of a highly-specialized
and complex nature based on program specific requirements and
specifications. Prepare and issue complex subcontract types.
Validate and contribute to the formation of specifications, work
statements and Subcontract Management Plans. Prepare and review
proposals for documentation adequacy, develop evaluation criteria,
lead proposal evaluation team in fact-finding, and cost/price
analyses, negotiate subcontract provisions, document subcontract
files in compliance with FAR/DFAR Regulations and company policies
Ability to work independently, as well as manage cross functional
program teams on all subcontract related issues; multi-tasking is
crucial for success. Must be able to assess, prioritize, drive
issues to closure and be assertive when required. Exercise
discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
Exhibit best practice work habits and collaborate with other
subcontract team members to promote operational excellence. Deliver
quality customer service to both internal and external customers
and foster and maintain good supplier relationships. Drive Zero
Defect initiatives with suppliers.
Prepare request for proposals, advise management of contractual
rights and obligations; compile and analyze data; and maintain
historical information and compliant file documentation. Prepares,
issues, and administers non-disclosure agreement with
subcontractors as required. Negotiate Terms and Conditions and
specific subcontract terms and conditions including price,
delivery, quality, and performance requirements. Support proposal
preparation activities, administer subcontracts, and execute
supplier management activities to provide for acquisition and
fulfillment of direct requirements in accordance with company
policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Receive
and review subcontractor proposals, by examining estimates of
material, equipment services, production costs, performance
requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and
completeness. Manage suppliers through all phases of program
execution. Respond to subcontractor inquires, resolve invoice
issues, participate on proposal evaluation team(s) in fact finding,
technical evaluation, and cost/price analysis. Documents the entire
fact finding and negotiation process. Ensures that discussions,
correspondence and agreements with potential and actual
subcontractors are in accordance with government law, corporate and
company policy and program special provisions.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or
Required Skills and Education
- Experience in a large, complex multifaceted electronics design
& manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with defense aerospace industry & regulations and
the Understanding of the role of subcontractors in complex
- Experience leading major procurement efforts in a Department of
Defense (DOD) contracting environment.
- Knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations and the nature of flow
- Knowledge of ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulation)
and EAR (Export Administration Regulation)
- Understanding/knowledge of CPSR audits and requirements.
- Comprehensive understanding of subcontractor solicitations and
- Strong working experience generating, negotiating and executing
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual conflicts with
subcontractors through negotiations and contractual vehicles.
- Project / Supplier Management
- Financial Acumen
- Proven leadership and organizational change experience
- Ability to motivate and manage personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- Strong experience managing Subcontracts or Procurement
- Strategic/Critical Thinking
- Ability to find win-win solutions; a "make it happen" attitude.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word,
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline and 6 years or more of
directly related work experience preferably in a
- U.S. Citizenship Preferred Skills and Education
- Willingness and desire for continuous improvement.
- Generosity of thought and knowledge.
- Well versed with Oracle ERP system.
- Secret clearance or secret eligible.
- Cost Analysis experience (COPD, CID, Competitive)
- Earned Value Management and Lifecycle Management
- 6 plus years' experience in operations, supply chain,
- Professional Supply Chain Certification: C.P.M., C.P.S.M.,
- Graduate degree in a related field.
- Contracts / Legal background About BAE Systems Electronic
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind
game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every
electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our
customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the
world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from
the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core
are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees
with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for
our customers and the communities we serve.
Keywords: BAE Systems, Chantilly , Subcontract Admin Principal, Administration, Clerical , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!