Company: Primrose School
Posted on: January 23, 2023
VA-20152-Primrose School of South Riding
As an Explorer Teacher at The Primrose School of South Riding
located at 43705 Eastgate View Drive, Chantilly, VA you will help
young minds explore, discover and understand the world around
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Explorer Teacher to
plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote
the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each
child enrolled in our before and after school program, in
accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning approach to teaching
Primrose School of South Riding is an accredited private preschool
that provides a premier educational child care experience. We offer
year-round programs for children from infant through
elementary-aged school age.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class
functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at The Primrose School of
South Riding and the local, state or national regulatory agencies
pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom
schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning
curriculum and programming.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages
children to create, explore and make decisions with
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while
providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary
housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to
the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of South Riding
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee,
determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed
early childhood program preferred.
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the
handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child
safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Two-year degree in early childhood or related field
- Degree, preferably in Early Childhood Education or Child
Development-related field, and/or CDA
- Knowledgeable in elementary-aged curriculum with emphasis on
literacy, mathematics and science
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise,
and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school.
Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which
vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise
Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position
titles vary by school.
Keywords: Primrose School, Chantilly , Explorer Teacher, Education / Teaching , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!