Principal Solutions Architect - Space and Intelligence
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Peraton has an immediate need for a cleared Lead Solution Architect
(LSA) to support growth opportunities within its Space and
Intelligence sector. This is a hybrid work position (remote
primarily and Peraton offices as needed). As an LSA, you will be
responsible for leading the design of innovative and cost-effective
mission relevant solutions that include systems engineering,
specialized staffing for mission support; analytics, applications
development and modernization, and infrastructure solutions that
addresses the operational and technology needs of our customers
while helping to grow Peraton's business.
Key Responsibilities -
- The LSA is responsible for leading teams of solution
professionals and technical subject matter experts in the
development of integrated, cost-effective solutions for inclusion
in proposal responses that meets the customer's requirements and
maximizes Peraton's competitive advantage.
- The LSA oversees the creation and the documentation of the
technical solution, plus participates in the development of the
costing of the solution for insertion into a proposal response to a
- The LSA collaborates effectively with the appropriate Peraton
business leaders to design the solution and agree on key solution
parameters prior to costing activities.
- The LSA leads the technical -solution development,
-participates in the competitive costing, and business case
alignment of Peraton solutions to the Government client's proposal
- The LSA will work closely with business development, delivery
accounts and corporate offerings teams to determine the overall
solution strategy and approach to align to the customer's
objectives and requirements including merging industry point of
view with broad technical knowledge and mission understanding to
generate value propositions and approaches to solve Government
- The LSA establishes strong relationships with Peraton partners
to drive high quality solutions and compelling value
- The LSA will confidently articulates all aspects of the
solution during governance reviews with senior Peraton management,
identifying and evaluating solution risks and create strategies and
plans to mitigate those risks.
- Requires 16+ years with BS/BA or 14+ years with MS/MA. -
Experience in lieu of degree considered.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively
independently and in team settings to include close collaboration
with technical subject matter experts, program managers, proposal
managers, and business development teams to determine customer
requirements in complex and often ambiguous environments.
- 8+ years of experience in developing successful technical
solutions for large, complex opportunities / proposal submissions
for US Government customers.
- 8+ years of experience working with US Government Intelligence
Community or US Government Civil Space Community customers or US
Government National Space Community.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge across a broad range of mission
focused, and /or technology services and solutions, coupled with a
strong customer focus and Government communities (IC or Civil
- Active US Government Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Operational environments and how to position
Peraton to deliver end-to-end mission value to program
- Demonstrated understanding of unique needs of Enterprise
support vs. Mission support.
- Ability to clearly translate the benefits of our approach to
specific levels of seniority within the sponsor teams (strategic
- Ability to translate innovation and R&D into differentiated
solutions for customers working with company technology
- Mature network of industry contacts to include government,
OEMs, and competitors.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
major coursework in business, computer science, mathematics,
electrical engineering, systems engineering, aerospace, information
technology, or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships and
communicate at the senior and executive management levels
- Analytical aptitude to evaluate and fuse multiple inputs and
synthesize a winning technical solution
- Active US Government Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI and
- Experience in one or more of the following areas with a
demonstrated expert knowledge across a broad range of mission
focused, and /or technology services and solutions, coupled with a
strong customer focus and the ability to produce technical
solutions based on requests for proposals from these agencies:
- 8 + years of experience working in the military intelligence
- 8 + years of experience working in the US Weather or Civil
Space community (NASA, NOAA, etc.).
- 8 + years of experience working with the US Federal Government
- 8+ years of experience working with the National Space
- -Position location -
- Highly desired is to be local to one of our offices in Northern
Virginia, with the flexibility to travel to locations to support
classified and non-classified solution activities.
- To support growth opportunities for the US Civil Space
community, will consider candidates who are remote to one of our
offices in Northern Virginia; Greenbelt, Maryland; Houston Texas;
or Huntsville, AL.
- To support growth opportunities in our National Space area,
will consider remote locations that include Chantilly VA, Colorado
Springs, Co and Los Angeles, CA area.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
Range for Posting Salary Minimum: $97,500 Salary Mid: $195,000
Salary Maximum: $243,800 The estimate displayed represents the
typical salary range for this position, and is just one component
of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other
rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term
incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton
provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Principal Solutions Architect - Space and Intelligence, Education / Teaching , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...