Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 15, 2020
- Cloud Engineer Job Locations USA-VA-Chantilly Job ID 2019-67661
Number of Positions 1 Job Function Information Technology Security
Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph Full/Part Time Full
Time Job Description We are GDIT. The people supporting and
securing some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe
and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the
world around us, but also on us, and thats important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy,
seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we cant
turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Engineer
joining our team to support Government activities at McLean,
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cloud Engineer
supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT
issues and provide exceptional customer service. More
The Customer is seeking a SME level Cloud Engineer passionate about
new technologies and solving complex problems. Candidate must be
willing to work across multiple engineering teams to identify and
implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions. Successful
candidate will have extensive experience engineering efficient
continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines and
developing strategic plans to introduce or improve IaaS best
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in
accordance with best practices throughout the development
- Educating teams on the implementation of new cloud-based
initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful
services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using
JSON or XML as needed.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security
Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus.
(Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Docker.
- Experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position.
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g.,
not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Experience in developing software using languages such as Java,
Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services,
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols,
including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and
related data stores such as Postgres. and develop best practices
for larger Cloud Engineer team.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the
customers ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon
career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and
corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that
organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration,
Education BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical
discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical
certifications or training, or work experience Qualifications 15+
years of related experience
Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General
Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology
(IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and
training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government,
health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government
and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals
worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages
large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission
support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class.
#WeAreGDIT Options Apply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this
job to a friendRefer Sorry the Share function is not working
properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again
later. Share on your newsfeed! Need help finding the right job? We
can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Chantilly , Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!