Acquisition Support Engineer - Ts/Sci Cleared
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Support Engineer--who
will--assistthe customer with defining technical spacecraft and
ground systems requirements,defining a coherent acquisition
strategy, and initiating major contracts withindustry
The position is located in Chantilly, VA and tied to the NXLS3
contract, which provides full life-cycle systems engineer &
acquisition support for multiple Major System Acquisitions to a
Government satellite program office. The incumbent SETA team was
just awarded a 11 year contract from March 2020 through February
If you can demonstrate a technical understanding of space systems,
have a working knowledge of government budget requirements, a sound
understanding of contracting regulations, and a familiarity with
the NRO's systems engineering practices then this is the job for
Specific duties include:
- Defineend-to-end system capabilities.----
- Developacquisition strategy and timelines to benefit mission
needs and architecture.
- Draftacquisition documentation to include acquisition plan, fee
plan/milestonepayment plan, statement of work, contract data
requirements list, and otherdocumentation required for a
competitive source selection.
- Monitorperformance requirements and identify disconnects with
Request for Proposal(RFP) intent and available budget.
- Supportprocesses to track and report progress on the
accomplishment of all contractactions.
- Identifycritical program milestones and match them with
- Developartifacts and briefings in support of critical oversight
reviews to includeNational Intelligence Acquisition Board (NIAB),
Acquisition Strategy Councils(ASC), Contract Review Panels (CRP),
and Quarterly Program Reviews (QPR).
- Supporttechnical evaluations of contractor proposals.
- Reviewcomplex technical design documentation and provide formal
and informal feedbackto the COTR and other customer personnel.
- Liaisewith mission analysis and technical requirements teams to
ensure completenessacross the acquisition.
- Coordinatewith other acquisition offices to ensure "end to end"
acquisitions that reflectsound systems engineering
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Bachelors in Business or Engineering discipline--
- 14 years or more professional experience
- Previous experience developing a variety of acquisition
- Experience in NRO, IC, and DoD acquisition and program
- Detailed understanding of government satellite systems
- Experience in the development of Statement of Works (SOWs) and
in theability to perform technical evaluations on SOW's and
- Basic understanding of satellite systems and architectures
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Ability to travel domesticallyDesired Qualifications--
- Advanced Engineering degree (MS or PhD)
- Previous experience in the program office
- Insight into mission utility of program office systems and
interfaces to external componentsSAIC is a premier technology
integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and
readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes
high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using
our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient
solutions.We are 23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston,
Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5
billion. For more information, visit . For ongoing news, please
visit our . For SAIC benefits information, see . EOE AA
Keywords: SAIC, Chantilly , Acquisition Support Engineer - Ts/Sci Cleared, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!