Senior Electrical Power Subsystems Engineer
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description SAIC is looking for a Senior Electrical Power
Subsystems Engineer to support a dynamic program in Chantilly, VA.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI with Poly.
SAIC requires an experienced satellite Power/Thermal Engineer to
provide sustained System Program Office support to assist GPOC in
overseeing the design, manufacturing, assembly, and integration and
test activities of a major satellite program. The selected
candidate will be the lead for supporting the acquisition of power
and thermal subsystems and will also be an integral participant in
the Satellite bus / Satellite-level support. ----Job
- Provide direct support to the customer to assist in overseeing
the design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and test
activities of a major satellite program
- Review/monitor unit through satellite level test and
verification/validation planning and execution.
- Attend unit level (i.e. Unit Critical Design Review) through
satellite level design reviews and program management reviews to
assess design maturity, requirements compliance and to provide
informed technical recommendations to the USG
- Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required
- Attend contractor and subcontractor boards (Failure review,
PM&P, configuration, risk management, etc) and provide feedback
to the customer.
- Support the customer in the oversight of hardware development,
integration, and test activities at associated vendor
- Review test plans/procedures and test results and test reports
for completeness and accuracy, including compliance to approved
plans, and provide feedback to the customer.
- Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and
programmatic risks at the system/subsystem level and then work with
the Prime/Subcontractor to develop and evaluate mitigation
- Develop productive relationships with Prime/Subcontractor
counterparts, functional counterparts, and other subject matter
- Perform in-depth review and analysis of programmatic (cost and
schedule) detail in addition to technical (performance)
- Review hardware schedules, earned value, test results, sell-off
package reports, hardware build and integration plans/procedures,
test plans/procedures, ERB packages, FRB reports,
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience in power and thermal design, analysis and testing at
the unit, subsystem and satellite level.
- Experience with the programmatic aspects of satellite hardware
design and manufacturing.
- Experience in DOD/IC acquisition and program management
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, team building and problem
solving skills with a demonstrated ability to be effective in a
government/contractor team environment.
- Available to travel domestically.----Desired Qualifications--
Experience with the satellite assembly Integration and Test
activities MS degree in engineering discipline Experience working
in a SETA role SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our
nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our
robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian,
and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in
engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in
existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best
components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to
deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are
23,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired
by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro
forma annual revenues of nearly $6.5 billion. For more information,
visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For
SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA
Keywords: SAIC, Chantilly , Senior Electrical Power Subsystems Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!