Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Cyber
Security Engineer to join our team in Chantilly, VA to provide
unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and
rewarding career within ManTech.
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
- Performs engineering support and system administration of
specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include
installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and
- Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and
management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for
specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to
network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application
firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Perform operations and maintenance of FireEye
- Administers cybersecurity test beds and tests and evaluates new
cybersecurity applications or tools, rules/signatures, access
controls, and configurations of cybersecurity platforms.
- Provides Tier 2 maintenance support for deployed cybersecurity
- Supports Assessment and Authorization activities related to
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any
cybersecurity tools within the enterprise and develops
recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical
- Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information
Technology, or Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
(STEM) related field with three years of experience or a Bachelors
Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related
field with at least five years of experience.
- Experience shall be in a related security technology or
discipline such as Identity and Access Management, Cybersecurity
Operations, Cybersecurity Engineering, IT Security Audit, and
- Minimum of 1-year experience in technology/tools specific to
the target platforms.
- Knowledge of Linux/CentOS, and Windows
- Must have or be willing to obtain IAT Level II certifications
within 6 months of hire
Demonstrated technical experience:
- Ability to provide end-to-end systems engineering to include
designing and implementing security solutions to ensure
confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility of network
- Experience with intrusion detection systems, secure socket
layer (SSL) systems, and integration with SIEM (ArcSight,
- Configuring and version management, performing engineering, and
troubleshooting of COTS network and cyber solutions
- Information security assessments and familiarity with ICD-503
Assessment and Authorization (A&A) standards to mitigate
- Expertise with any COTS cybersecurity tool like the following:
FireEye host/network, HBSS (McAfee endpoint suite), Enterprise
Vulnerability Security Service (EVSS), ACAS (Tenable/Nessus), SIEM
technologies, RSA Archer, Redseal, or Splunk security products
- Expertise with cybersecurity architectural principles such as
defense in depth, resilience, and integrated security
- Ability to convert functional cybersecurity requirements into
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively
manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and
ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior
management is necessary.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively Seek
out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best
solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a
team, share workloads, and deal with sudden shifts in project
- Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries
proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin,
marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled
Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or
Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position
with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact
ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an
affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities,
females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply.
ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement
agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal
opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept
resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access
http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of
your disability. To request an accommodation please click
email@example.com and provide your name and contact
Keywords: ManTech, Chantilly , Cyber Security Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!