GEOINT Enterprise Ground Test Engineer V - Experimental Research and Development (ERD)
Posted on: September 3, 2020
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and
integration products and services, data analytics and software
development to national and military intelligence customers.
Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more
than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their
mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge
technologies, and innovative solutions.
The Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) team is
responsible for technical support of the planning and execution of
enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition
activities for national assets, associated ground segments and
services, and information processing systems within the
The team supports the recommended closure of enterprise and system
requirements; independent verification, validation and test in
support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure,
overseeing readiness events in support of enterprise, system and
acquisition-level test milestones; leading and supporting project
planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting
engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
This position requires an understanding of the intelligence
community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core
systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and
This position requires an individual to be able to support an
Experimental Research and Development Program (ERD) within the
GEOINT domain in support of the customers' Verification,
Validation, and Transition (VV&T) program.
In support of the VV&T team, the candidate is required to have
a strong GEOINT test engineering background and significant space
and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical
capabilities and performance.
The candidate may have daily interaction with the customer and
supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards
and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
Candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and
facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and
users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination,
and support to recommendation briefings.
Activities supported may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluation of architecture, requirements, risks and
opportunities, and processes for VV&T impacts.
- Definition of VV&T activities and associated VV&T
products (e.g., strategies, plans, Requests for Change (RFC),
procedures, checklists, RVTMs, briefings, etc.) for new and
modified mission and service capabilities.
- Lead or support the execution of those VV&T activities
(e.g. Test events, Transitions, Milestone Readiness
- Prepare reports describing the results, risk assessment,
discrepancy reporting and lessons learned of those VV&T
- Risk management, tracking and closure with Acquisition Offices
- Facilitate technical meetings to coordinate, and support
VV&T activities and milestones.
- Provide technical consultation, briefings and recommendations
to the customer and other stakeholders.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA
or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active & Current TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated project management in leading and mentoring of
Junior and Mid-level individuals on project
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside
the work environment.
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT overall space and ground
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system
performance analysis and assessment.
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing
functions in support of space and ground architecture.
- Experience writing test strategies, plans, procedures and
- Experience executing tests, analyzing data and summarizing
- Experience in system integration and transition approaches to
accommodate the Enterprise End-to-End of GEOINT systems.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate
effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of
- Familiarity with the WFs customer and the systems
- Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) experience
within the GEOINT domain for the WF customer
- Technical familiarity with one or more satellite domains:
GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM.
- Experience with Enterprise or Segment-level VV&T from an
acquisition, operations or systems engineering
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT, Space Ground Communications
(Ground Terminals), ground systems and services, and/or mission
- Experience with commercial VV&T techniques in service
oriented architecture (SOA) environments, or for infrastructure or
application service provider environments, is also highly
- Experience in mentoring or leading junior individuals in
support of GEOINT ground activities.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that,
as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , GEOINT Enterprise Ground Test Engineer V - Experimental Research and Development (ERD), Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!