Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on: September 5, 2020
Peraton is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA to
support our Intelligence Community customer as part of a highly
talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the
systems engineering team you will support an exciting program which
involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting
and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission
success for a variety of stakeholders.
What you'll do---
* Build software intensive systems in a team-oriented
* Specify, design, integrate, test, configure, deploy, train, and
document distributed information/knowledge management systems with
developmental components from multiple vendors for world-wide
distributed information dissemination, communications,
intelligence, and command and control systems.
You'd be a great fit if---
* You have a bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer
Science or related field
* You have experience working with Linux-based operating systems,
virtualization technologies, scripting languages for task
automation, and system configuration automation software (Puppet,
Chef, Ansible, etc..)
* Have a background in system integration and testing, and system
configuration of networked services, file systems, and
* You possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Candidate must be eligible for a Top Secret/SCI Clearance upon
It would be even better if you---
* Have experience in designing, developing, and integrating a
complete satellite ground system to include infrastructure,
processing frameworks, and software components.
* Have familiarity with any or all of the following, preferably in
a satellite ground system context: Object-oriented development
practices and processes, distributed computing technologies, web
services, SOA, networking technologies, requirements management
tools, scripting, automated test tools, modeling and simulation,
and/or security certification and accreditation processes.
* Have experience working with Windows and Linux operating
* Have experience with distributed computing technologies.
* Have experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. OpenStack,
Citrix XenServer Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, and/or VMWare),
Docker Containers, Ansible, and Heat templates.
* Have experience with front end processing and network gateway
appliances and /or software.
* Have experience working in a customer environment and/or a
What you'll get...
* An immediately-vested 401(K)
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule and 10 federal holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition reimbursement
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
Where you'll work---
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!