Project Engineer II - Scheduler
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and
integration products and services, data analytics and software
development to national and military intelligence customers.
Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more
than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their
mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge
technologies, and innovative solutions.
This position is part of the Enterprise Schedule Management and
Analysis team. The team focuses on providing program and customer
leadership, overall view of the health of the schedule enterprise,
deep dive achievability assessments of development contractor
schedules and performance metrics on program deliverables. Selected
candidate must be comfortable briefing team plans, status, and
technical recommendations to large audiences or individual senior
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Design and maintain an integrated master schedule (IMS) to meet
evolving customer needs. Complete systems engineering tasks related
to build out of schedule details. Integrate with architecture and
requirements team to maintain enterprise baseline.
* Work independently and within teams where appropriate. Develop
schedule management and analysis skills. Learn through on-the-job
training from peers and senior team members. Contribute skill and
knowledge base to others.
* Evaluate impacts on segment, project and enterprise schedule
related to changes in customer and program requirements or schedule
* Provide status to include analysis and reports to management
consistent with program and customer requirements.
* Assist in developing/maintaining requirements, preparing for
readiness events, planning/conducting integration, verification and
test, and executing transition to operations.
* Track project execution, identify, and mitigate project risk.
* Provide briefings to internal team and assist with briefings to
senior government customers.
* Work collaboratively in a multi-contractor/FFRDC environment.
* Active TS/SCI clearance.
* 2 to 5 years experience with a BS Information Service Systems,
Tech experience or equivalent experience.
* Experience with Project Management, Schedule Development and
* 2 - 5 years in Systems Engineering or related field.
* 2 - 5years in developing/managing complex project schedules in a
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining project
* Experience with schedule planning tools, specifically MS Project
* Knowledge/experience working in the Intelligence Community.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to develop and formulate
solutions for problems/issues.
* Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation.
* Readiness to learn customer relationship and presentation
* Strong interpersonal, customer interaction, written, and verbal
and briefing skills with ability to work in a fast-paced
* BS in Engineering Management, Information Science or equivalent
* 5-7 years of SE and project planning experience, working medium
to large projects.
* Knowledge of SE practices necessary to define and implement large
* 2+ years' experience in the Intelligence Community domain.
* Due to workplace precautions/restrictions in light of COVID-19,
employees may be required to work shift work. Schedules will return
to core hours, Monday-Friday, once precautions/restrictions are
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta,
everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex
challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than
48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just
that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not
otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the
disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b)
in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action,
including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c)
consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Project Engineer II - Scheduler, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!