Senior Project Engineer - COMM Architecture
Company: Aerospace Corporation
Posted on: February 20, 2021
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a
generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally
funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed
exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span
every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our
team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you
personally.SummaryWe are looking for a Senior Project Engineer to
be responsible for Aerospace tasking with the COMM Architecture and
System Engineering Office. The tasking will be focused on strategy,
architecture, hard problem resolution, and system engineering with
focus on End to end Integration for the Enterprise. Subject matter
expertise in architecture development and Systems Engineering and
Integration is required. The prioritized tasking includes
architecture development and technical support for COMM Enterprise
Services. This includes technical analysis, tradeoffs, market
research and technical impact assessments with recommendations as
required. Key Functions
- Provide independent technical engineering of COMM Architecture
and System Engineering Office Aerospace tasking.
- Perform and lead technical assessments for architecture
artifacts and conduct gap analysis to ensure robust expedited
- Support aligning the directorate's budgetary, contractual and
"architectural" baselines and deliver COMM services required by the
- Assist with the development of the next generation COMM
architecture facilitating successful delivery of Mission
- Leverage the Aerospace "backplane" to collaborate across
directorate boundaries to promote and ensure clean interfaces and
boundaries between internal and external customers.
- Work with Aerospace staff to identify matrix tasking and direct
Aerospace matrix engineering staff in supporting work.
- Assist and advise the development of COMM Services, technical
roadmaps, and COMM budget planning and programming.
- Deliver independent and objective reviews on COMM architecture
and system engineering documents, strategies, plans, and
- Brief and collaborate with customers and contractors.
- Draft and review key acquisition artifacts both in the
pre-acquisition phase and during contract execution.
- Lead or organize technical efforts and project teams Interface
between customers and Aerospace technical and management staff.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or a
related technical field from a recognized institution.
- Direct experience in strategic analysis and acquisitions with
focus on Integration and Enterprise Services.
- Strong experience with systems engineering with concentration
on integration of Mission System utilizing Enterprise Service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to include
oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to establish and maintain
effective working relationships with customer, Aerospace
leadership, and Engineering Matrix staff.
- This position requires the ability to have and maintain a
current and active TS/SSBI/SCI security clearance, which is issued
by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a
security clearance. Preferred
- An advanced degree in engineering, science, mathematics, or a
related technical field from a recognized institution.
- 12 or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated competence in understanding state-of-the-art
communications architecture and techniques
- Experience with satellite communications and Terrestrial
- Enterprise Services development, delivery, and execution
validation experience with integration.
- Architecture and roadmap development for enterprise services.
- Cloud certification with C2S experience.Ways We Reward Our
Employees During your interview process, our team will provide all
the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development
opportunities. A few highlights include:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance
your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
- 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, regardless of
whether you contribute
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible spending accounts
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)We are all unique, from
diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all
of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This
core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace
Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment The Aerospace Corporation
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe
that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique
ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued,
producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including
pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color,
religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national
origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical
condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other
characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an
individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs
assistance using our online job search and application tools or
need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application
process, please contact us by phone ator by email at . You can also
review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the
supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . -
provided by Dice
Keywords: Aerospace Corporation, Chantilly , Senior Project Engineer - COMM Architecture, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!