Staff Electrical Engineer (TS/SCI w/Poly)
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 8, 2021
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions.
In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman
brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable
strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us
keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable,
integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel
those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support
yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills,
whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At
Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to
do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Staff Electrical
Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This
position will be located in Chantilly, VA.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together, the SIGINT Technology
Center helps meet the unique needs of our customers' mission. The
qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's
technical team which supports programs for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
(UAV) SIGINT payloads mission operations & maintenance. Engineering
tasks include supporting mission operations through
troubleshooting, root cause failure analysis, test procedure
development, system maintenance, user training, and
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support operations and maintenance of fielded SIGINT
- Design, integration, test, and operation of hardware components
and high level systems.
- Interface and collaborate with customers, end users, operators,
and field service representatives, including travel to local
- Evaluate viable vendor hardware and software solutions to meet
customers' mission objectives.
- Develop and execute troubleshooting procedures for use in real
time operations, OCONUS test sites, and System Integration Labs
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary engineering team to
upgrade and improve developmental and fielded systems to maximize
uptime and capability.
- An active TS/SCI with active Polygraph
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related STEM degree
field and a minimum of 15 years related experience; 12 Years with
Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Strong interdisciplinary problem solving skills, demonstrated
by frequent and successful application of technical standards,
theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Knowledge of modern wireless communication systems.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine (VM) implementation and
- Knowledge of RF system component functions. Preferred
- Linux/Unix experience
- Network architecture design/development
- Knowledge of Direction Finding (DF) and geolocation
- Experience in operations and maintenance of SIGINT/EW systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. Associated topics:
bsee, diagram, hardware, msee, power, schema, solar, transmission,
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Chantilly , Staff Electrical Engineer (TS/SCI w/Poly), Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!