Scientist, Aerospace Engineering - Modeling & Simulation
Posted on: April 28, 2021
Description: Job Title: Scientist, Aerospace Engineering -
Modeling & Simulation Job Code: SAS-51402Job Location: Chantilly,
VA (preferred) OR Colorado Springs, COJob Description: L3Harris is
seeking an experienced Aerospace Engineer to perform algorithm
development and engineering analyses to support national security
space modeling and simulation. The candidate will support
performance, development, and evaluations of space and multi-domain
CONOPS, and systems.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for algorithm development, quantitative analysis,
orbit determination, orbital maneuvering, spacecraft flight
dynamics, decision analysis, capability analysis, analyses of
- Support programs by creating models, simulations, and analysis
tools to support national security space activities.
- Develop new algorithms and processes, enhance current tool
capabilities, and perform analyses.
- The candidate will work with software development teams to
implement and validate models and algorithms, ultimately resulting
in user capabilities.
- Interaction with customers and provides input to project
managers on programmatic and technical deliverables under guidance
of senior technical personnel.
- May act as a technical lead for limited aspects of a
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as
- If working out of the Colorado Springs, CO location, 25% travel
will be required to Chantilly, VA.Qualifications:
- 12+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in
Aerospace or other Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related
discipline. Alternatively, 10 years of prior related experience
with a Graduate Degree, or equivalent.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.Preferred
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance with CI Poly highly
- Experience in supporting modeling, simulation, and analysis of
national security space related problems desired.
- Experience working with software development teams and
associated Agile development processes.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel
- Effective organization level communication, presentation and
- Software: STK/Astrogator, Astrodynamics Standards, SOAP.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python, Java, Parallel Computing,
UNIX/Linux.In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work
Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $119,000 -
$221,000 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is
not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount
may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience
and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits
including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible
spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid
time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and
options available to an employee may vary depending on date of
hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining
Keywords: ADT, Chantilly , Scientist, Aerospace Engineering - Modeling & Simulation, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!