Principal Information Security Engineer
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Peraton is seeking a Senior level Prici Information Assurance
Engineer in Chantilly, VA to support our Department of Defense
(DoD) and Intelligence Community customers as part of a highly
talented, highly motivated and high-performing team. As part of the
engineering team you will support an exciting program which
involves design, development, test, and deployment of an exciting
and complex system in an Agile construct to contribute to mission
success for a variety of stakeholders. Join us and be part of the
next generation of innovators as we blaze a trail forward for our
profession and company.
* Provide expertise in the maintenance, support and enhancement of
the Information Technology (IT) security framework, network
infrastructure, software applications/tools, operational processes,
and control documentation.
* Develop security requirements and conduct security activities to
support coding, testing, installation, certification, and
deployment for cloud-based and ground-based environments to include
migration of some customer systems to the cloud environment.
* Develop and maintain the program System Security Plan (SSP),
Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other Test and
Accreditation Package (TAP) artifacts in accordance with Risk
Management Framework documentation.
* Secure system configurations and install security tools, scan
systems in order to determine compliancy, and report results.
* Conduct vulnerability assessments, develop risk mitigation
strategies, and provide continuous monitoring of system assets.
* Support security planning, execution, report of findings, and
resolution of findings for and during system testing.
* Provide support to management and the customer for program
Information Assurance matters.
* Provide Information Assurance (IA) expertise, develop, and
maintain security accreditation documentation to support program
Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) in accordance with
Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 8510.01 and Intelligence
Community Directive (ICD) 503.
* Perform duties as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
in accordance with the DoD Joint Special Access Program
Implementation Guide (JSIG)
* You have an active Top Secret/SCI clearance and willing to obtain
a polygraph upon hire
* You have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science, engineering, or a related technical field. However,
equivalent experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
* You are Department of Defense Directive (DoDD) 8140, Cyberspace
Workforce Management, Baseline certified, or working towards
certification to achieve within six months.
* You have 8+ years of related experience in IT security planning,
monitoring, and implementation.
* You have 8+ years of experience in Linux and Windows systems, IT
and Networking Infrastructure.
* You have experience and are familiar with ICD-503, Committee on
National Security Systems Instruction (CNSSI 1253), and the
* You have experience in cybersecurity risk management,
requirements analysis, design, test, and certification.
* You can express yourself confidently, concisely, and accurately
through written and oral communications.
* You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to
collaborate effectively with management, the customer and tenants
* You are detail/process oriented, can multi-task, and can work
with minimal supervision.
* You are familiar with current DoD/IC systems and doctrine, with
an emphasis on Cross Domain Solutions, Cloud security,
network/system security, and tactical and joint C4I systems.
* You are familiar with any or all of the following commercial
technologies, system security tools, and processes: Splunk,
ACAS/NESSUS, SOA, Web Services, OpenStack, Docker Containers, LDAP,
SSL, and/or networking protocols.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator, we are a trusted provider of
highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies
that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued
partner to essential government agencies, including the
Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Health
and Human Services, and NASA. Every day, our 10,000 employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Principal Information Security Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!