Senior Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer - Sensor Projects
Posted on: May 1, 2021
Business Group Highlights IntelligenceThe Intelligence group
provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and
services, data analytics and software development to national and
military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the
Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence
group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing
trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative
solutions. Responsibilities Modeling, Simulation and Analysis
Engineer (Senior-Level) Overall Assignment Description:
Senior-level Modeling, Simulation and Analysis (MS&A) Engineer
to guide and conduct modeling, simulation and analysis activities
as identified below in support of the NEOG PMO throughout all
phases of the NEOG program life cycle. MS&A Engineer will be an
integral member of the NEE NEOG team and interface directly with
customers and team members. Duties may include:
- Guides the development and use of complex models, tools, and
algorithms to identify trends and patterns in Big Data.
- Guides modeling NGA's architectures, requirements, and systems
performance and considers NGA and NSG strategies and overall vision
for the future of GEOINT.
- Guides the creation of models to support analysis of
alternatives, performance trades, design trades and new
capabilities and develops alternatives for deployment based on
MS&A results in existing NSG architectures and cloud
- Guides the work of Mid- and Junior-level contractor MS&A
Engineers. Expected work activities include:
- Conduct and deliver assessments and recommendations on
performance engineering and analysis throughout phases of the
Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Conduct Modeling, Simulations and Analysis to simulate,
forecast and assess proposed activities/initiatives on emerging
trends and disruptive forces impacting the GEOINT To-Be
- Identify where changes may be beneficial and/or efficiencies
- Interact with developed performance and mission effectiveness
algorithms, methodologies, and programs
- Work with the MS&A Enterprise team to perform performance
and mission effectiveness analysis
- Develop capacity impacts to include modeling of predictive
impacts for sensor programs
- Develop algorithms, codes, and databases needed for studies
- Establishes communication and participation with associated NGA
and Mission Partner entities to ensure the highest level of
collaboration for success.
- Documents NEOG program needs and expectations in the form of
technical concepts, strategies, or guidelines.
- Assists with Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs), Trade Studies,
TBD/TBR Resolution, RPM Definition, and Engineering Assessments to
include throughput, timelines, or performance values.
- Develops technical presentation decks and briefs those as
- Reports activities and progress as required.
- Identifies risks, issues and opportunities.
- Supports NEOG major program events and activities (i.e., SRR,
MS-B, ICBD, Cost Estimation). Qualifications Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information
Technology, Engineering, Engineering Management, Management
Information Systems, Mathematics, or related STEM degree program,
or related equivalent additional experience.
- 12+ years' experience working in government or industry
modeling large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented
Architecture environments residing in cloud, on premise, or hybrid
- Knowledge of tools development and use in cloud
- Experience with commercial service-based architectures and the
development of services.
- Self-starter and willing to take initiative with the Mission
Partner; be proactive and forward leaning.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to plan development activities throughout the project
- Ability to envision creative approaches and a desire to embrace
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
Engineering, Engineering Management, Management Information
Systems, Mathematics, or related STEM degree program.
- Working knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering,
processes, tools and languages.
- Machine learning experience.
- Senior-level experience in Operations Research.
- Experience performing MS&A on solutions using Cloud-based
- Experience performing MS&A on solutions using structured
and unstructured Big Data.
- Experience performing MS&A on solutions using Automation,
Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
- Previous NGA and/or NSG/ASG program/project work
- Previous IC or DoD program/project work experience. About
Perspecta What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At
Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
next-generation engineering. Our promise is simple: never stop
solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce
of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared,
we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across
the entire sector. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status. As a
government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following
provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination ProvisionThe contractor
will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
- provided by Dice
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Senior Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer - Sensor Projects, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!