Information Assurance Security Engineer / ISSE
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Peraton is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community,
Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial
entities, providing innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's
most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. We are
recognized as a trusted provider of highly differentiated space,
intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security, and communications
Peraton is a mission integrator, focused on cyber tools
development, secure network engineering, spectrum management, and
delivering quick reaction solutions from the lab to the field. Our
team partners with Defense agencies and the Intelligence Community
on a variety of critical missions.
Peraton supports national security decision makers across all
operational regimes of air, land sea, space and cyberspace. Our
scientific discovery and research empower our employees and help
our government keep America and our allies secure. We solve our
nation's toughest challenges by sharing our technical innovation
and groundbreaking insights. All of this is possible due to the
human insight and ingenuity of our most important asset, our
We have an--- exciting opportunity for a/an---Information Systems
Security Engineer---to support our unique customer in Chantilly,
VA. This position requires an active---TS/SCI
* Define system security requirements in coordination with security
stakeholders including system engineers, program managers, security
control assessors, and authorizing officials.
* Develop or review system security designs and architectures.
* Advise security engineers on best methods to remediate
vulnerability findings through security scanning tools (Nessus,
NMAP, Retina, WebInspect, Fortify)
* Working experience with auditable events SIEM products
* Support engineering analysis of alternatives, tradeoffs, and risk
* Develop cybersecurity documentation in support of customer Risk
Management Framework (RMF) process; in accordance with---NIST SP
800-37 Rev 2.
* Work with interdisciplinary teams to deliver trustworthy and
* 8 years minimum of system and/or security engineering work
performed in support of U.S. Government customers subject to
Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
* Must have space environment experience.
* Review and development of RMF Assessment and Authorization
(A&A) documentation, e.g. System Security Plans (SSPs),
Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plans of Action and
* Additional four years of experience in lieu of a degree will be
* Active TS/SCI w/polygraph
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree
* Experience implementing---NIST SP 800-53 Revision 4---security
requirements and---NIST SP 800-53A security assessment
* Knowledge of Amazon C2S, SC2S, Commercial and GovCloud planning,
design, and operations.
* Knowledge of--- RSA Archer---product
* Strong initiative and communication skills.
* Knowledge of Amazon of Web Services (AWS) C2S planning, design,
* Awareness of Cloud C2E initiative
* Microsoft Azure
* Google Cloud Services
* Engineering work performed in space-oriented mission
* Ground infrastructure and satellite knowledge
* Microsoft Windows Server Active Directory (2012, 2016)
* RedHat Linux; CentOS, Fedora
* Virtualization Platforms: Hyper-V, VMware
* VDI (Desktop), Citrix
* Network engineering/design of LANs, WANs, MANs, including
underlying routing protocols, and implementation.---(TCP/IP, BGP,
* Knowledge of Cross Domain Solutions (CDSs).
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator, we are a trusted provider of
highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies
that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued
partner to essential government agencies, including the
Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Health
and Human Services, and NASA. Every day, our 10,000 employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Information Assurance Security Engineer / ISSE, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!