Company: exp Federal
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Chicago, IL or Chantilly, VA.
exp Federal is an established, collaborative, and growing full
service architectural and engineering firm that provides a full
range of design solutions and construction support to the federal
government. Our team of professionals operate in some of the most
challenging environments to provide support services to a variety
of governmental agencies globally. We enjoy what we do and are good
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing
team in Chantilly, VA Ideal candidates are independent thinkers,
self- motivated, communicate proactively, enjoy collaborating with
other disciplines throughout the design process.
Principle Areas of Responsibility
- Develop plans and details for foundations, buildings and
structures based on preliminary concepts, sketches, calculations,
or verbal instructions.
- Understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using
project specifications and written and verbal instructions in
accordance with established design practices, standards, and
- Develop structural models and project drawings using Revit and
- Familiar with structural steel, reinforced concrete, and
masonry drafting conventions.
- Use third party applications to generate drawings based on
specific project requirements is a plus
- Prepare schedule and detail drawings and enter equipment
- Understand, layout, and size fundamental systems: storm,
sanitary, vent, water, and gas.
- Understand the scope of SD, DD, CD level documents and be able
to prepare and deliver drawings at the appropriate level
- Research product information to assist designers in the
selection and specification of architectural materials, products
- Conduct sites surveys and create accurate existing condition
- Ability to manage and deliver revisions (ASI's, etc) and
sketches according to proper numbering convention
- Assist the Marketing Team with solicitations.
- 10-15 years of experience of A/E experience.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to assemble construction drawing sets, structural
reports, and calculations.
- Experience with structural systems, including, but not limited
to, design of steel, reinforced concrete, masonry, trusses, and
- Proficient at using structural analysis software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work
collaboratively and simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, client focused, and positive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel for projects.
- U.S. citizen and ability to obtain secret clearance.
- Experience in federal design and projects preferred.
- Proficiency with REVIT highly preferred.
What We Offer
- Fun, collaborative, and hands-on environment
- Paid leave and holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage
- Contributory 401(k) Retirement plan with matching funds
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement within the firm
- Competitive compensation
exp Federal is an equal opportunity employer, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected
Keywords: exp Federal, Chantilly , Structural Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!