Principal Network Security Engineer - Ashburn VA
Posted on: May 13, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... This position will be part of a
security team responsible for protecting Verizon and or customer
networks using industry standard tools and techniques. In this role
as a Principle Network Security Engineer the candidate will be
primarily responsible for overseeing the log management and Nessus
vulnerability scanning, but also needs to understand the network's
make-up in order to better protect it. As a Principal Network
Security Engineer you will lead medium sized projects, guiding the
team through the requirements to successfully implement the
necessary security requirements to meet Verizon's needs.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of the
department's security tool support across multiple complex and
- Working with customers, project managers, and network
engineering teams to gather requirements that are used to design
and deliver technical solutions.
- Performingtechnical improvements within the managed services
tools to deliver world class customer service.
- Creating and maintaining documentation to include Use Cases,
SOPs, MOPs as well as incident management reports.
- Authoring security related policies. Researching and
formulating templates, rules, alerts, dashboards and business
- Mentoringother SOC Engineers and providing training to less
experienced security engineers primarily regarding, but not limited
to, the ArcSight and Nessus platforms.
- Managing multiple medium-sized projects on a daily basis.
- Interacting with other staff and customers effectively,
in-person and in writing, using a VTC and/or phone.
- Installing, configuring, and technical administration of
ArcSight and Nessus product components.
- Using the ArcSight SIEM for real-time alerting into our
existing Network Management System.
- Developing Use Cases on the ArcSight platforms that address the
latest security scenarios, threats, and regulatory compliance
- Quickly identifying sources of security breaches and move them
- Conducting live analysis on networks and across multiple
- Utilizing compliance and vulnerability assessment tools like
Nessus to analyze products for configuration and patch
- Working closely with other departments to mitigate security
events by providing the needed analysis and leadership, to bolster
Verizon's ability to identify intrusion detection/mitigation.Where
you'll be working...In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite
at a defined location, Ashburn, VA. What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a
condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.Even better if you have one or
more of the following:
- Ten or more years of direct experience in Network Security,
Security Analysis and/or Incident Response.
- Experience using ArcSight ESM and/or Nessus vulnerability
- In-depth knowledge of Linux.
- Direct experience in installing, deploying, documenting, and
troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as
firewalls, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS), security
- Knowledge of security compliance policy, Risk Management
frameworks and SLA's.
- Knowledge of cyber security and information protection and
- Strong networking background combined with strong security
- Ability to automate tasks through the use of scripting tools in
multiple languages such as Perl, Java and Python.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Security-related certifications such as CISSP, SSCP, CCFP
and/or CEH or equivalent.
- Other relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCNA and/or SANS
- A strong detail orientation. Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Internal ID: 592829PandoLogic. Keywords: Network Security Engineer,
Location: Chantilly, VA - 20151
Keywords: Verizon, Chantilly , Principal Network Security Engineer - Ashburn VA, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!