Network Engineer - Telecommuter/Travel (Secret Clearance)
Company: AMERICAN SYSTEMS
Posted on: September 21, 2022
WANTED: a mission driven Network Engineer with a Secret
Clearance and Security+ certification to join our team at AMERICAN
As a Network Engineer, you will:
* Provide critical support to National Priority programs
* Receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, to
include our Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be part of an empowered culture where you are a key contributor
to the success of the company
* Join a team of highly skilled, driven, and supportive
* Continue growing your technical skills and knowledge
A week in the life of a Network Engineer:
* Travel to Air Force bases across the nation and in the UK and
* Perform network equipment installation, cutover, testing, and
* Work with base personnel to isolate and resolve complex network
* Ensure complete cutover of network functionality.
* Update technical documentation and drawings to create as-build
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest
employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government
services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to
complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide.
Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and
innovation we deliver excellence every day.
* Forbes National Best Midsize Companies 2021
* Energage National Best Workplaces, National 2021
* Washington Post Best Workplaces, 2021
Veteran Hiring Awards:
* U.S. Department of Labor Hire Vets Medallion
* BEST FOR VETS by Military Times
* TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
If this position is performed from Colorado, pursuant to the
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this
position is $90,000 -$100,000 Actual compensation will be
determined based on several factors permitted by law. Pursuant to
Colorado law, the actual compensation paid for this position may be
outside of this range. AMERICAN SYSTEMS provides for the welfare of
its employees and their dependents through a comprehensive benefits
program by offering healthcare benefits, paid leave, retirements
plans, insurance programs, and education and training
* 3-5 years of relevant experience
* Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance
* Must have experience doing installations and cutovers
* Must be willing to travel 90% CONUS and some OCONUS
* Security+ certification required
* Experience in VLAN, ACL, IP/DHCP, and Cisco Software and
* Excellent customer facing skills
* Experience in military network cutover experience -- veterans
highly encouraged to apply!
* CCNA certification (current or previously held)
* Certification in Cisco Software and Routing, ACL, VLAN,
Skills and abilities:
* Highly motivated, self-starter and team player with a high energy
level and willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
* Demonstrated ability to approach job responsibilities with a
focus on process improvement.
* Excellent computer knowledge and experience.
* Able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of
* Sound technical experience in assessing network support
requirements as well as conducting required administrative tasks
required for the projects.
* Strong verbal and writing skills.
* Unconditional integrity and commitment to achieving goals.
Keywords: AMERICAN SYSTEMS, Chantilly , Network Engineer - Telecommuter/Travel (Secret Clearance), Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!