Posted on: January 21, 2023
As a Network Designer, you will be responsible for determining
user requirements and design specifications for computer networks
in support of the mission!
Click APPLY to be contacted about this position
What You Will Be Doing:
- Planning and implementing network upgrades.
- Designing, testing, and inspecting computer data communications
systems. These systems include wide area networks (WANs), local
area networks (LANs), and internets.
- Analyzing and organizing the corresponding hardware and
software combined solutions through network modeling and
- Adjusting network sizes to meet volume or capacity
- Communicating with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff
to determine customer needs.
- Coordinating network operations, maintenance, repairs, or
- Determining specific network hardware or software requirements,
such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine
- Developing and implementing solutions for network
- Developing conceptual, logical, or physical network
- Developing procedures to track and report network availability,
reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Developing or recommending network security measures, such as
firewalls, network security audits, or automated security
- Estimating time and materials needed to complete
- Evaluating network designs to determine if requirements are met
efficiently and effectively.
- Monitoring and analyzing network performance and data
input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use
of computer resources, or perform capacity planning.
- Participating in network technology upgrade or expansion
projects, including installation of hardware and software and
- Preparing detailed network specifications, including diagrams,
charts, equipment configurations, and recommended
- Researching and testing new or modified hardware or software
products to determine performance and interoperability.
- Communicating with vendors to gather information about
products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to
address system maintenance issues.
- Coordinating installation of new equipment.
- Coordinating network or design activities with designers of
- Designing, organizing, and delivering product awareness, skills
transfer, and product education sessions for staff and
- Developing network-related documentation.
- Explaining design specifications to integration or test
- Developing plans or budgets for network equipment
- Preparing design presentations and proposals for staff or
- Supervising engineers and other staff in the design or
implementation of network solutions.
- Using network computer-aided design (CAD) software packages to
optimize network designs.
- MUST HAVE a Current and Active Top Secret SCI with CI
Polygraph, as the customer is NOT sponsoring clearances.
- Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a
combination of work history and education. This equates to a
Doctorate and 3 years of experience OR Master's and 4 years,
Bachelor's and 6 years, Associate's and 8 years, or HS and 10
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification requirements.
TekMasters considers people our most important asset. Our goal is
to attract, retain, and motivate exceptional individuals from every
background who share our commitment to the customer, our passion
for the mission, our delight for innovation, and our determination
to achieve excellence in everything we do.
We offer phenomenal benefits to our employees, allowing them to
focus on the mission, knowing that TekMasters is focused on them!
Just some of the benefits we offer:
- Dollar for dollar 5% 401k match, with immediate
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Multiple Medical Plans from which you can choose.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option
- Vision / Dental
- Paid for Short-term / Long-term Disability
- Paid for Group Life Insurance
- Employee recognition for anniversaries, birthdays, and customer
Click APPLY to be contacted about this position
We are a small, growth-oriented, federal contractor that delivers
professional services in support of the Intelligence & Federal
Community. Located outside of Washington D.C., we are a fast-paced
group due to the customers' diversity, types of projects,
environments, and roles we support. To learn more, please visit
TekMasters is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce.
It is the policy of TekMasters to provide equal employment
opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, protected veteran status, or any other protected
characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Reference #: 22-01069
Keywords: TekMasters, Chantilly , Network Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!