Mission Assurance Engineer
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
Engility is hiring a Mission Assurance Engineer! The PMP/MA lead will support the government in all aspects of PMP, Mission Assurance, and Design Assurance across major system acquisition programs. You will conduct analysis of alternatives and planning for significant new and emerging requirements. You will apply broad understanding of space orbital environment, spacecraft architecture and missions, and develop and evaluate alternatives for assuring mission success.
Key duties include:
- Recommending requirements for space qualified parts, materials, and processes to program office acquisitions.
- Evaluating and tracking PMP across the program; participating in government and development contractor PMP and MA forums.
- Supporting the development, application, and monitoring of government MA standards for analysis and prevention of issues that have caused failures, launch delays, reduced mission life or performance or resulted in significant rework.
- Supporting the development of mission assurance profiles to include the tailoring of mission assurance standards for new systems and initiatives.
- Performing reliability and maintainability analysis (RMA).
- Understanding radiation environments, requirements, and testing and analyzing to verify performance against the requirements.
- Evaluating waivers and deviations to PMPDA requirements for deliverable hardware and software as they are submitted for program office approval. Qualifications:
This position requires:
- An active TS/SCI Clearance with CI Polygraph.
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, physics).
- 5 years' experience with spacecraft missions and architectures in acquisition program office and/or developer organization. Desired Qualifications:
This position desires:
- A Master's degree in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, physics).
- 10 years' experience with spacecraft missions and architectures in acquisition program office and/or developer organization.
- An ability to interact collaboratively with the customer.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. EEO Statement:
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Analysis, Architecture, Developer, Development, Hardware, Materials, Physics, PMP, Testing
Keywords: Engility, Chantilly , Mission Assurance Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!