Satellite Propulsion Engineer
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure. Description:
The future is here - be a central part of defining and implementing the future of space and ground systems to protect the Nation! Engility is seeking experienced professionals to join the Space and Missions Systems Group (SMSG). SMSG provides specialized program management, engineering, analysis and operations support to a variety of Intelligence Community (IC) and Department of Defense (DoD) customers. We support the generation after next of national security-related systems based in space, in the air and on the ground.
SMSG has openings for Satellite Propulsions Engineers to provide systems engineering and technical advisory services to a rapidly expanding Government Intelligence Community (IC) customer. The customer is developing next-generation of space and ground systems architectures, hardware and software solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for satellite propulsion system
- Perform systems engineering to include: concept, design, fabrication, test,integration for satellite propulsion system on next generation space systems and operations
- Convert satellite mission requirements into propulsion systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Explore and develop new advanced satellite propulsion technologies to ensure research and development (R&D) efforts are planned and conducted on a sound engineering basis including management of technical risks
- Review and assess development activities of contractors and Government labs to include development of Statement of Work (SOW) and other procurement documents
- Develop documents and briefings to communicate work or study status, brief government and industry as required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Minimum of 9 years of related experience with a Bachelor degree or at least 7 years of related experience with a Master degree
- Experience with acquisition life cycle and requirements processes
- Experience with schedule, technical, and risk aspects of space systems and/or ground systems
- Aptitude for on-site Systems Engineering and Technical Advisor (SETA) work
- Effective customer engagement, interpersonal communications, writing, and briefing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and team environment
- Active TS/SCI with CI Poly Desired Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, or related disciplines
- Experience in on-board satellite propulsion systems (Chemical and/or Electric)
- Experience in multiple phases of the life-cycle process and the systems engineering "V"
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) or the Intelligence Community (IC) R&D organizations EEO Statement:
Engility Corporation is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statements, please click here . Department: Engineering - provided by Dice Analysis, Development, Hardware, Management, Research, Security, Validation
Keywords: Engility, Chantilly , Satellite Propulsion Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!