Senior Network Engineer
Company: Robert Half Technology
Posted on: September 9, 2018
A premier software, research, and consulting firm in the field of industrial-organizational psychology. Our client designs, develops and implements human resource solutions that incorporate the most recent advances in the behavioral sciences and adhere to the highest principles of detail oriented practice.
Our client is seeking a talented, motivated mid-level network/systems engineer to join our IT Services department. This position will be responsible for the design, test, and implementation as well as maintenance and management of the network infrastructure for multiple sites and numerous exciting development projects for their Federal government customers.
* Ability to design, test, and implement new network hardware, systems, and software
* Install, configure, and maintain network services, equipment, and devices.
* Conducts server administration ? Windows 2008 R2 / Windows 2012
* Plan and support network and computing infrastructure platforms
* Perform troubleshooting analysis of routers, firewalls, load balancers, switches, servers, and associated systems.
* Ability to document network problems and resolutions
* Monitor system performance and implement performance tuning improvements
o Implement QoS, Jumbo Framing and policy based routing
* Manage infrastructure email, anti-virus, and anti-spam efforts
* Supports patch management (Server and workstation), image and GPOs
o Implement software, network security patches and hardening actions
* Provide technical mentoring to peers and/or subordinates
* Must be able and willing to work in a team environment and individually
* Support COOP and DR processes
* Supports change management process
* Develops and supports technical documentation and maintenance
* Supports C A efforts
* Maintain TCP/IP (IPV4, and IPV6), DNSSEC, routing, sub netting, etc. infrastructure.
* Maintain remote access technologies such as SSL, IPSEC VPN, terminal services, etc.
* Excellent time management skills required; working on projects and tickets with minimum supervision. Must be able to prioritize work tasking and consistently meet demanding project timelines
* Supports SDLC, ITIL, and PMP methodologies
* Uses SDLC, ITIL, and PMP methodologies effectively
* Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication, learn quickly, and solve problems; an all-around detail oriented.
***For immediate consideration, please send resumes to !***
* Expertise on EMC SAN, server virtualization techniques and VMware ESXI
* Expertise on Cisco routers, firewalls, and switches
* Expertise on BIG-IP F5 switches.
* Expertise hardening systems in compliance with various C A requirements and guidelines
* Expertise implementing network monitoring solutions
* Expertise implementing security protocols like IPSEC, DNSSEC, 802.1x
* Expertise with advanced networking such MPLS and policy-based routing
* Expertise with failover and load balancing configuration of networking devices
* Expertise on Windows Active directory, single sign on solutions, and ADFS
* Expertise on image development, deployment, and documentation processes
* Expertise on the development of technical documentation
* Expertise on the change management process
* Expertise on the SDLC, ITIL, and PMP methodologies
* BS degree, and/or experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance (must be eligible to work in the U.S.)
* Thorough knowledge of systems and networking best practices techniques
* Good understanding of server virtualization techniques and VMware ESXi
* Good understanding of BIG-IP F5 switches.
* Good understanding of hardening systems techniques to earn ATO and compliance with various C A guidelines
* Good understanding of network monitoring solutions
* Good understanding of Cisco routing, switching and security
* Good understanding of Windows Active directory, single sign on solutions, and ADFS
* Good understanding of image development, deployment, and documentation processes.
* Experience on computer and network infrastructure consulting
* Experience with customer services providing both remotely and on-site, utilizing a three-tier engineering team managed through an issue/request tracking system.
* Familiarity with SDLC, ITIL, and PMP methodologies
***For immediate consideration, please send resumes to !*** - provided by Dice Analysis, Anti-Virus, Change Management, Cisco, Consulting, Development, Hardware, Management, Networking, Network Engineer, PMP, Project, Protocols, Research, Routers, SDLC, Security, SSL, Supervision, Switches, TCP/IP, VMware, VPN, Windows
Keywords: Robert Half Technology, Chantilly , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!