Posted on: October 9, 2018
Overview Peraton is looking for a talented ETL Engineer responsible for developing, sustaining, and improving the current system data ingest functions and make adjustments, as needed, by performing analysis, monitoring and configuring the solution; and creating or updating detailed design information; accessing and reviewing the code repository, administering code reviews, adjusting unit testing, maintaining build support, including continuous integration, sustain operational support activities and respond to mission critical requests; working with application development tools, standards and languages in support of a mission critical system in an Agile Scrum environment. The position is onsite with our customer in Chantilly, VA. Responsibilities
- Perform SQL and PL/SQL development, including design and maintenance of back-end ETL processes utilizing Informatica workflow, custom PL/SQL and SQL scripts
- Build and maintain database schemas
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain ETL workflows
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade ETL software and repositories
- Develop, optimize, and tune scripts within in an Oracle enterprise database environment
- Support the sustainment and delivery of an automated ETL pipeline using a suite of COTS and GOTS products, Java, Perl, and other tools. Validate that data is extracted from structured and unstructured data inputs, databases, and other repositories, using scripts and other automated capabilities, logs, and queries.
- Collaborate on code reviews, internal processes, and software enhancements, and understanding of PL/SQL and SQL coding standards
- Perform data extracts, data purges, or data fixes in accordance with internal procedures and policies
- Complete problem tickets, documenting bug fixes, design modifications, and changes based on customer requirements Qualifications REQUIRED:
- At least 1 year of experience with PL/SQL, SQL, Oracle 11g and 12c, Informatica, XML, XSLT, Java, web services, SVN, RCS, Git, OLS Security, JIRA, Oracle 11g/12c, Sun Solaris OS, Linux (CentOS, Red Hat), and Windows.
- 2 years of experience using ETL tools to perform data cleansing, data profiling, transforming, and scheduling various workflows PREFERRED:
- BS degree, with five (05) years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 1 year of experience with analysis and performance optimization and data structures, SQL, PL/SQL, and stored procedures
- 1 year of experience developing and data modeling within Oracle
- 1 year of experience reading and maintaining Java code
- Working knowledge of Unix commands and shell scripting
- Experience working with application development tools, standards, and languages, including PL/SQL
- Experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as Linux, Windows, and Oracle 11g/12c
- Experience writing monitoring scripts, queries, and automating system tasks
- core infrastructure technologies such as Linux, Windows, and Oracle 11g/12c SECURITY CLEARANCE: *This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility. About Peraton Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada. EEO Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , ETL Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!