Posted on: October 10, 2018
Overview Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally "going dark" at a rate that is exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, these employees provide proven, industry leading information security, software, hardware, networks, systems, forensics, reverse engineers, and systems engineering to our law enforcement customer. This position is for a customer focused, mission driven, Cyber Security Engineer. This engineer will have hands on experience in multiple Information Technology platforms and possess a "can do" attitude. Responsibilities
- Research and implement new technologies to improve the overall security posture.
- Develop criteria for & implement periodic metrics to produce information about data produced and consumed by all security / networking devices.
- Develop new workflow / user interfaces for the security products to allow user consumption of meaningful data in a more effective manner.
- Build and maintain device support for custom build applications.
- Develop and implement IDS & SIEM solution to detect malicious threats and anomalous network activity. Qualifications REQUIRED:
- BS degree, with eight (08) years of relevant experience. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Five (05) plus years of Cyber or IT Security Experience
- Experience with infrastructure platforms, including one (01) or more of the following:
- operating systems
- network devices or configurations
- storage solutions
- scripting PREFERRED:
- Participation in the Cyber Security community with attendance to Black Hat or DEF CON SECURITY CLEARANCE: *This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility. About Peraton Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada. EEO Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Cyber Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!