Performance Modeling and Analysis Engineer
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation---s most important work. We---re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation---s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves---to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways---not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta---s talented and robust workforce---14,000 strong---stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let---s make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities Successful candidates must:
- Serve as a System Engineer providing Modeling & Analysis (End-to-End Analysis) subject matter expertise on an integrated cross-functional team executing detailed trade studies and Analysis of Alternatives for the integration and initialization of new data source capabilities into NGA ground enterprise
- Conduct end-to-end mission performance optimization analysis to ensure systems being implemented meet user timeline needs and that ISP (compute/storage/transport) is optimized
- Define enterprise/system/component volumetric, timeline, and other performance requirements
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define performance analysis activities (including scope, schedule, deliverables) required to reach system milestones and optimization objectives.
- Presents findings and recommendations via reports and briefings to appropriate groups and helps to determine what actionable steps can be taken based on the findings. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide performance engineering and analysis expertise and results to AoA studies to optimize and inform decision making on potential Enterprise changes (cost/schedule/performance).
- Perform Modeling & Simulation to determine mission benefits and impacts of near and long term future enterprise capabilities spanning the entire tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) cycle.
- Support joint CONOPS and performance requirements development for integration and initialization of new data source capabilities into NGA ground enterprise.
- Lead the development of predictive analysis to determine future data trends and assess potential chokepoints and system performance issues while evaluating key performance indicators.
- Analyze detailed system requirements and specifications for large, distributed architectures. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor---s or Master---s degree in engineering (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, software), physics, mathematics, or related technical discipline
- 6 + years--- experience with systems analysis, modeling and performance analysis or related modeling, simulation and analysis experience
- Ability to interpret requirements, specifications and CONOPs documents
- Experience performing data analytics and assessments, projects and/or studies
- Desired Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of intelligence community TCPED
- Working knowledge of remote sensing collection performance; understanding of end-to-end Satellite engineering
- Experience in program languages such as C, C++, Fortran, Perl, SQL, R, MATLAB, Python
- Experience in operations research and/or network performance analysis Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Performance Modeling and Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!