Information Assurance/Security Engineer II
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation---s most important work. We---re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation---s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves---to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways---not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta---s talented and robust workforce---14,000 strong---stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let---s make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities Provides technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of network and information security systems. Designs, develops and implements security requirements within an organization---s business processes. Prepares documentation from information obtained from customer using accepted guidelines such as RMF (Risk Management Framework). Prepares test plans. Provides assessment and authorization (A&A) support in the development of security and contingency plans and conducts complex risk and vulnerability assessments. Analyzes policies and procedures against Federal laws and regulations and provides recommendations for closing gaps. Develops and completes system security plans and contingency plans. Recommends system enhancements to improve security deficiencies. Develops, tests and integrates computer and network security tools. Secures system configurations and installs security tools, scans systems in order to determine compliancy and report results and evaluates products and various aspects of system administration. Conducts security program audits and develops solutions to lessen identified risks. Develops strategies to comply with privacy, risk management, and e-authentication requirements. Provides information assurance support for the development and implementation of security architectures to meet new and evolving security requirements. Evaluates, develops and enhances security requirements, policy and tools. Provides assistance in computer incident investigations. Performs vulnerability assessments including development of risk mitigation strategies. The candidate should have proven experience in Information Systems Security to include:
- Risk Management and the Certification and Accreditation processes (ICD 503, DCID 6/3)
- Development and evaluation of Site Security Plans (SSPs)
- Exhibit direct project management experience with patch management, continuous monitoring, and vulnerability scanning/remediation activities
- This includes devising or implementing a continuous monitoring plan across multiple security domains and familiarity with tools used in compliance and vulnerability assessments
- Required to put together assessment reports to provide organizational risk, ad-hoc customer responses mostly dealing with analysis and policy interpretation
- Part of the security team that handles software management, laptop compliance, technology evaluation for security and access requests
- Expected to maintain tracking list in addition to other duties listed Specific Job Description: The program seeks an Info Security Systems Engineer to support the customer's ISSM team in development and implementation of its continuous monitoring and patch management program. The candidate should have proven experience with the Intelligence Community Information Technology Systems Security: Risk Management, Certification and Accreditation (ICD503) and any related ICDs. Candidate should also exhibit direct project experience with patch management, continuous monitoring, and scanning activities Qualifications Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA or 8 to 10 years with no degree. Qualifications: This individual must also have excellent project management skills and the ability to keep multiple project organized. Should be proactive and forward leaning. Required Skills:
- TS/SCI W POLY SECURITY CLEARANCE
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of digital communications and related IT communications technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customer---s needs, clearly communicate (orally & written) ideas, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
- CISSP or Security + certifications
- Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task and manage
- Bachelor---s degree in IT/Computer Engineering or related technical field Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Information Assurance/Security Engineer II, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!