Modeling & Performance Analysis Engineer
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Seeking analysis-driven candidates to join Vencores dynamic Performance Engineering and Analysis team, a recognized Intelligence Community leader with decades of expertise in providing customers with data-driven analysis shaping the architecture of the future. Come join our team in exciting analysis crossing agency boundaries and providing solutions which address the exponential growth in GEOINT data in the context of modernizing infrastructure, content, CONOPS, services, and cloud-enabled tools and applications.
The successful candidate will use operations research and data science analytics using performance metrics databases spanning 7 billion transactions (and growing) for end-to-end usage characterization across 100+ users and systems to provide a foundation for operational optimization decisions and future architecture evolution, with solutions informing all levels of decision-makers (Agency Directors through implementation engineers). The successful candidate will collaborate within a larger team which performs physics-based modeling of emerging systems, architecture performance modeling, and prototyping/benchmarking of future technologies and workflows.
Specific task responsibilities include:
- Apply technical and analytic expertise to provide quantitative and qualitative engineering analysis for a complex system of systems including forensic analysis related to existing systems and predictive analysis in support of future systems.
- Analyze and implement custom algorithms for complex data sets used for modeling, data mining and statistical analysis.
- Perform predictive analysis to determine future data trends and assess potential chokepoints and system performance issues while evaluating key performance indicators
- Conduct IT system performance analysis trades to determine and assess system processing, end-to-end timeline, and storage requirements
- Work closely with teammates to conduct multi-faceted performance analysis.
- Develop analysis reports and briefings to present to varying levels of government customers
- Support systems engineering technical exchanges and meetings
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- BS/MS in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 6+full years of experience in related field
- Experience with Data Mining, Analysis, and Reporting using several methods and tools
- Experience with SQL and MS Office
- Strong understanding of MS Excel & use of pivot tables for large data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Experience with Perl, R, VB/VB Scripting
- Experience with IC or DoD mission engineering
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Familiarity with discrete event modeling and operations research applications
- Familiarity with User Interface Development and Data Visualization
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Modeling & Performance Analysis Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!