Test Development Engineer
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
We have an opportunity for an experiencedTest Development Engineer to join our Cyber Engineering team.
The position is located in Chantilly, VA with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis.
This position requires a minimum of aTop Secret Clearance and TS/SCI with DHS Suitability to be considered.
The ideal candidate has experience in working with government customers and will be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with test system modifications or new development to prepare for implementation.
- Create test harnesses/automation frameworks using Java; testing of developers applications; and installing, configuring, and administering applications that automate testing.
- Develop automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security, and usability. Develop automated test scenarios using Cucumber, Serenity with Java programming language.
- Work with Git Version Control System
- Embrace Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) fully
- Collaborate closely the requirement, development, information assurance, and operations teams.
- Support test events including system, integration, independent verification & validation, and user acceptance tests - Attend Project Agile Sprint daily stand-up meetings, customer meetings, and other team meetings
- Work in a Scrum team participate all Scrum ceremonies (daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review, Retro, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the requirement team and the development team in creating automated test scenarios
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with solutions function, output, online screen, or content
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Document software defects, using JIRA bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers Research and Development
- Research, develop, install, and configure tools to improve testing and quality efforts Operation and Maintenance:
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Maintain and upkeep the implemented test automation suite on a release basis
- Manage source code repositories, JIRA, and Jenkins instances
- Detail-oriented, quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building
- Familiarity with information security
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices - DHS experience
- Proficiency with open source automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Gherkin) in a Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) style approach (1+ year)
- Assist in coding an automated framework in a TDD/BDD style approach
- Proficiency with Java programming language (2+ years)
- Experienced with Continuous Integration with tool such as Jenkins CI, Bamboo, etc. (1+ year)
- Experience with build tools (Maven)
- Experience with scripting in one or more languages (UNIX based scripting, Python) (2 + years)
- Experience with SCM solutions such as (Git, GitLab)
- Experience working in Agile environment, working with methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with using IDEs such as Eclipse with various plugins like Maven
EDUCATION / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required with 5-8 years of experience required in software design and software programming.
Keywords: Perspecta, Chantilly , Test Development Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!