Company: Noblis ESI
Posted on: March 9, 2019
Noblis is hiring professionals for a Cloud Engineer postion with Top Secret SCI clearance in Chantilly, Virginia.
The Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) is a weapons system which produces military intelligence collected by systems such as: the U-2 Dragonlady, RQ-4 Global Hawk, MQ-9 Reaper and MQ-1 Predator. It consists of computer hardware and software connected together in a computer network, devoted to processing and dissemination of information such as images. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with an Architecture team of system engineers, technical leads and Government Managers from multiple organizations and at different geographic locations.The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
In depth understanding of cloud-based architecture solutions for DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) modernization efforts. Experience deploying enterprise scale applications to production using cloud-based infrastructure.
- Be able to perform analysis, design, develop and deliver cloud based enterprise architecture models in support of AF DCGS open architecture and joint interoperability certification requirements. Use systems engineering processes to assess opportunities for interoperability andl integration of enterprise ISR systems
* Bacheloru2019s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline (Master's degree preferred) plus 10 years of experience in technical leadership for DoD or IC Systems Program Office Experience in government IT strategy, projects, and programs. Able to develop new ideas, develop strategic relationships and be able to demonstrate understanding of both DoD and IC organization and related system architectures; Experience designing horizontally scalable services and capabilities
* Candidate is expected to have expertise and experience using the following technologies:
* AWS CloudFormation, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, Elastic Compute Cloud, Amazon S3/ Simple Cloud Storage Service. Minimum of 2 years experience implementing and supporting AWS or equivalent cloud enterprise solutions.
* Understanding and experience with agile software development best practices specifically SAFe, DevOps and agile sprint planning
* Strong networking skills required. Expertise with network security concepts such as IPsec, VPN, SSH, and TLS, also experience with application solutions such as load balancing, forward/reverse proxy, monitoring, and packet inspection/troubleshooting, hosting and/or Data Center Consolidation
* Strong knowledge and experience working with SCCA, SRG, FedRamp policies and guidance
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Develop solution architectures leveraging AWS and C2S cloud including storage, networking, compute, and security services using best practices and a thorough understanding of AWS technology offerings
* Track record of implementing cloud services in a variety of distributed computing environments, integrating those services with on-premise technologies, and identifying the relationships between services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
* Experience collaborating in a DevOps environment and using Atlassian Suite products (JIRA, BitBucket and Bamboo). Also Puppet, Terraform, Consul, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Microservice architecture, FedRAMP knowledge
* Experience with Architecture tools such as Cameo and Sparx Enterprise Architect
* AWS certifications including Solutions Architect Associate, Professional, preferred
* AWS certifications including Developer, SysOps, DevOps a plus
* Experience with supporting a DoD or IC System Program Office in architecture development and integration
* Compliance with DoD Directive 8570/8140 IAT Levl II or higher (Sec +, CISSP, etc) a plus
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company*
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Keywords: Noblis ESI, Chantilly , Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!