Posted on: May 17, 2019
Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are
digitally "going dark" at a rate that is exceeding law
enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting
the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed
to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has
trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and
resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this
challenge, we are seeking a talented Cloud Engineer.
What you'll do...
- Develop cloud infrastructure and workflows for all new and
existing data sets ingested into a new data lake
- Participate in Agile SDLC, CI and CD activities leveraging the
- Analyze documentation and source data of new data feeds
- Create NiFi flows to move complex data sources into
solr/elastic search indexes, noSQL data stores and custom analytic
- Enhance the existing data processing infrastructure by
rewriting/migrating on-premises workflows to run on cloud native
infrastructure and technologies
- Develop new analytic algorithms to support advanced data
exploitation capabilities such as natural language processing,
named entity extraction and entity resolution/correlation using
distributed computing technologies
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline.
However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of
- You have ten (10) years of experience developing comprehensive
and innovative technical solutions
- You have at least two (2) years of experience with 1 of the 3
major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google)
- You've architected and migrated on-premises applications into a
- You've worked in a Linux environment
- You've worked on an Agile development team
- You're experienced with object-oriented languages, including
Java or C#
- You've used Hadoop-related or similar distributed computing
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI
eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It would be even better if you...
- Are experienced with microservices architectures and design
- Have indexed with inverted indices on technologies, including
NoSQL data stores, such as Accumulo, HBase, Cassandra, or
- Have implemented and leveraged Solr, Elasticsearch, or other
scalable Lucene or similar text search engine implementation
- Are experienced with complex data processing pipelines,
including ETL and data ingestion dealing with unstructured and
semi-structured data named entity extraction and resolution across
a corpus of diverse data set
- Have written Web services, including RESTful services exposing
- Are experienced with RESTful service writing frameworks,
including Jersey or Spring MVC
- Have worked with the Atlassian suite of agile development
- Have Apache NiFi experience
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret
security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate
must possess SCI eligibility.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!