General Engineer (Transmission Electrical/Mechanical Engineer - TE/ME)
Company: Exelon Corporation
Posted on: June 19, 2019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of
the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer
bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies
that strives for the highest standards of power generation,
competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of
outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought
leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a
diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design,
build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to
motivating the success of our employees through competitive base
salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune
100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly
shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize
your career at Exelon!
*SPECIAL POSTING NOTES: General Engineer - Transmission
Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (TE/ME)
General Description of Position:
1. The TE/ME will be a primary Engineering Technical Point of
Contact for all BGE Transmission Projects, Programs, and
Operational/Maintenance Support requiring the application of
Electrical and mechanical engineering concepts
2. Develop and maintain standards, policies, procedures, work
methods, operating procedures and material specifications relevant
to Transmission work, to ensure they are in line with strategic
business objectives and in compliance with all applicable codes and
3. Work closely with construction personnel to assure BGE
construction standards and procedures are implemented on the
4. Investigate equipment problems and failures with manufacturer
and vendors with recommendation based on investigative results for
corrective and preventative actions and or procurement of new
equipment and materials
5. This position requires working in a project team environment
with other engineers, designers involved in the detailed electrical
design, and project managers of transmission projects.
6. Engineering activities outside the formal field of
"Electrical/mechanical engineering" may be required for
coordination or execution by the Transmission Engineer
7. As a Transmission Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, you will take
an active role in project conceptualization/feasibility,
Preliminary Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Work Planning,
Specifying / Ordering / Testing Appropriate Equipment, and Project
8. As a Transmission Electrical/Mechanical Engineer, you will work
on challenging assignments that include investigating,
trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering
9. Act as a Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) as situation
- At least 5 or more years' experience in the Electrical or
Mechanical design & engineering of transmission lines (69kV and
- 3-6 years of experience in specifying and dealing with overhead
conductors and sags, steel pole specification and design, steel
tower modification, PLS CADD and PLS Pole, concrete foundation
design, XLPE cable application and installation, sediment & erosion
control design and application, permit drawing creation and
- Lead technical studies and transmission line design and
installation projects. Lead and drive these efforts to prompt
- Understanding of NESC/ANSI/IEEE/NEMA and state codes and
standards as they relate to transmission engineering and
- Professional Engineers License or in the process of getting
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations,
evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated
systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the
planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and
maintenance of Exelons electric generation, transmission,
distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. #CD#
Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and
to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying
company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles
or facilities. #CD# Reviews financial data from budget and actual
costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7
coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering
projects or a number of small projects with many complex
- Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are
incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
- Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate
financial and operational impact.
- May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed
Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
- Five or more years of professional engineering experience (1) (3)
- Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides,
standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering
principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments
for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
- Minimum of two related career experiences (4)
(i. e. , changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or
may not include a change in department) OR
- Engineer in Training OR
-50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M. B. A.
or Project Management Certification
- Graduate degree (1) or Graduate level work in Engineering,
Business Administration or Project Management Certification
- Licensed Professional Engineer (2) (3)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate with all management levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
-(1) Masters degree in Engineering reduces the OJT experience
requirement by 1 year.
-(2) License must be issued by the state in which you are
-(3) PE License reduces the OJT experience requirement by 1
-(4) Career related experiences is defined as changes in technical
job responsibilities and does not have to include a change in
- Note: Items (1) and (3) are mutually inclusive, whereby the
maximum experience requirement reduction is one(1) year (e. g. , in
the case of an employee with both a masters degree in Engineering
AND a PE license, the minimum experience requirement would be
reduced by one (1) year).
- Influences project decisions having a moderate impact on the
- Applies technical knowledge to help promote a safe work
environment and to enhance customer satisfaction
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees
or applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran
status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Keywords: Exelon Corporation, Chantilly , General Engineer (Transmission Electrical/Mechanical Engineer - TE/ME), Engineering , Baltimore, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!