Posted on: July 12, 2019
Technology is constantly changing and our adversaries are digitally
exceeding law enforcement's ability to keep pace. Those charged
with protecting the United States are not always able to access the
evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The
Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability,
tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to
this challenge, we are seeking a talented Network Engineer.
What you'll do...
- Network and Server Operations, to include installation,
configuration and maintenance, in a complex multi-vendor
environment similar in size to a small business. Server operations
shall include, but not be limited to, hardware, virtualization,
operating system (OS), and utilities on the network infrastructure
and servers. Operating systems will include a mix of Microsoft
Windows, Linux, Cisco and Cisco variants.
- Conduct research, analysis and evaluations supporting all
phases of a network's operational lifecycle, to include but not
limited to design, configuration, and oversight of component.
You'd be a great fit if...
- You've obtained a BS degree and have ten (10) years of relevant
experience. However, equivalent experience may be considered in
lieu of degree.
- You have three (3) years of recent and relevant working
experience in the following focus areas:
- Administration and configuration of network infrastructure in a
- Administration and configuration of network inspection/routing
hardware (firewalls, routers, etc.).
- Installation, configuration and maintainence of internal
networks, file servers, application servers, and workstations.
- Administration and configuration of VMWare vSphere, vCenter,
vSAN, VxRail and other virtualization technologies.
- Administration and configuration of NAS and SAN
- Recent and relevant working experience in following additional
- Administration and configuration od DNS server Linux
infrastructure with FreeIPA/Bind.
- Administration and configuration of Windows Server and Desktop
and Linux (Preferred: Debian, Ubuntu and CENTOS) server and desktop
- Administration and configuration of software defined networking
- Linux shell scripting (sh, ksh or bash).
- Distributed batch and stream processing.
It'd be even better if you...
- Are proficient in scripting and/or programming in a high-level
language (i.e. Python, Powershell).
- Have administered and configured blade server technology.
- Have administered and configured Cisco network devices.
- Have administered and configured macOS operating systems.
- Have administered and configured PXE bootstraps.
- Can create and maintain the infrastructure, including
continuous integration, automated builds and deployment, and
automated end-to-end testing.
- Can create products, utilities, scripts, and tools to automate
builds, deployment, and testing.
- Can build and maintain development and testing environments and
production-equivalent staging environments.
- Have experience troubleshooting operational tests, releases,
software defects, and other issues.
- Have experience related to cyber intrusions and the analysis of
technical data within cyber threat environments.
- Have done routing/switching fabrics with significant
segmentation for projects and lines of business.
- Have Firewall management and configuration experience.
- Have site-to-site VPN management experience.
- Have remote-access (road warrior) VPN management
- Have experience with administration of high availability VMware
vSphere/vCenter/vSAN/vxRail environments with complex networking
- Have deep knowledge on Linux netfilter/iptables.
- Have experience scripting automated provisioning of hosts and
firewall/network appliances (e.g. Openstack, Ansible, Docker,
- Can perform systems, network, and software engineering to
support operational and investigative activities.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret
security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate
must possess SCI eligibility.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Chantilly , Network Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!