Posted on: October 8, 2019
IDEMIA is the global leader in identity and security. Our mission
is to create a safe and simple future where identity verification
is indisputable, and only you can assert your identity. We are a
distributed company leveraging the latest technologies to deliver
world-class products in the private and public sectors of finance,
telecom, identity, security, retail, sports entertainment,
commercial, government, and IoT. We use a variety of technologies
and approaches to deliver quality product and services to
government agencies and technology companies. IDEMIA is a made up
of a group of 14,000 diverse people from different nationalities,
speaking over 20 different languages. Together, our solutions
impact the everyday lives of citizens and nations. In this
ever-changing world, protecting your identity is paramount. Join
the team that is ensuring one person- one identity.
Quality Engineer assists in the development and maintenance of the
Quality Management System to ensure best in class quality of
products and associated services and to provide highest level of
value and satisfaction to our customers. Responsibilities include:
supporting process quality strategy and implementation plan with
clear quantified benefits with an emphasis on standardized
repeatable processes. Provide knowledge of best practices and
processes (Quality Management), analyze existing practices, collect
data, and make recommendations. Provide support to each functional
group in the area of quality assurance and planning/control;
ensuring a smooth transition through product/solutions development,
integration, delivery, production and support. Support ISO
processes between departments.
Essential Job Functions (includes But Is Not Limited To)
* Manage Quality Alert process for internal and external customer
complaints, quality issues, and escalated incidents; engage cross
functional team, facilitate resolution and establish containment,
corrective, and preventative actions (CAPA) using 8D, 5-Why, and
RCA (Root Cause Analysis) process to prevent issue re-occurrence
and overall process improvement.
* Work with stakeholders and action owners to drive prompt action
closure, review closure plans to ensure sustainability, and
proactively alert leadership to risks and critical customer
* Lead or assist in the development and consistency of process
quality controls, procedures, and documents including: VSM s,
FMEAs, Control Plans, Quality Inspection Standards, Work
Instructions, Visual Standards, Defect Detection tools, etc.; work
closely with Engineering, Business Units, and Design staff to
determine best production practices.
* Implement, report, and maintain appropriate quality metrics (KPI
s) to analyze quality performance and results across all Business
Units, Engineering, and support functions for use in business
* Establish quality assurance activities that monitor and verify
that IDEMIA processes used to manage and create product and service
deliverables are followed. Involved in development plan across
product's life cycle from conception until production to ensure
effective compliance with gate process.
* Guide and provide feedback to project management and engineering
teams for design and development conformance for product or project
deliveries and ensure smooth and consistent delivery of quality
products and contracts, as well as internal systems.
* Conducts process audits, inspections, and quality reviews (e.g.
project/program reviews, product quality reviews, engineering
process productivity reviews, quality engineering system reviews,
etc..) to ensure effective performance, durability and compliance
with established standards & processes; establish & maintain
* Lead or assist improvement projects, develops continuous
improvement methods, identify opportunities and recommends changes
to improve product & service quality and efficiency of processes
and customer satisfaction
* Ensure supplier quality by performing on site source inspection
and support initiatives to enhance supplier performance.
* Customer focused team player with ability to lead and motivate
others toward continuous improvement and shared success
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the
ability to converse with engineers and non-engineers of diverse
* Demonstrated effective leadership and team facilitation
* Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
* Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and
analysis, Power Point, Visio, SharePoint; experience in Minitab,
SAS, JMP, strongly desired
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Sciences,
Mathematics, Process Engineering, Operations, Business
Administration or a related field
* 1-3 years experience
* Ability to travel to office locations, IDEMIA suppliers, or
manufacturing sites up to 20%
* Knowledge of ISO or other National/International process &
quality standards preferred
* BB, GB certified or equivalent in Six Sigma and LEAN
* Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to work
* Customer focused, team player, excellent interpersonal and
leadership skills Must be United States citizen (dual citizenship
is not allowed) IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
IDEMIA is an equal opportunity employer.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, and other protected characteristics..
Keywords: IDEMIA, Chantilly , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!