VP Div Land Acquisition
Company: Beazer Homes
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- Develop, implement, and maintain a land strategy that targets
predetermined product types and submarkets and acquisition types
(bulk raw, option finished, etc.).--
- Consults with the Division President regarding strategic
planning and assists finance personnel in preparation of the
division's annual business plan
- Monitors land use and fee issues in jurisdictions within the
division market area
- Source, negotiate and contract acquisitions consistent with the
- Conducts general market research focusing on regional
employment, demographics, sales volume and competition
- Achieve LAR approved metrics for communities by achieving first
sale, opening month, sales pace, ASP, and margin requirements.
- Complete LAR submittals, with well-thought out risks and
opportunities; complete responsibility for the LAR process for the
- Execute land sales as per plan.
- Maintain applicable operating metrics.
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a
productive and highly engaged land acquisition
- department. Manage Land Acquisition staff if applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- College graduate, with degree in engineering, architecture,
construction or planning required. PE preferred.
- Seven (7) to (10) years of experience working in positions of
increasing responsibility related to land acquisition such as land
brokerage, market research, financial analysis, forward planning,
real estate development, construction project management; and to
construction and/or development with knowledge of engineering
drawings and setting schedules for development.
- Strong leadership, project management, and budgeting skills
- Ability to interact at the Senior Leadership Level of the
- Strong networking skills and relationship building
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Ability to translate market data into community concepts
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements/documents,
prepare acquisition packages and create & implement work plans
- Ability to craft and present presentations
- Ability to provide thoughtful risk assessments on market
viability, construction costs and building rights
- Ability to direct numerous professional consultants through
Keywords: Beazer Homes, Chantilly , VP Div Land Acquisition, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!