Senior Proposal Manager
Posted on: February 23, 2021
- 15000 Conference Center Dr, Chantilly, VA 20151, USA
- Full-time Company Description Who We Are Citizant is a leading
provider of professional IT services to the U.S. government. We
seek to address some of our country's most pressing challenges in
the areas of Agile transformation, DevSecOps automation, Enterprise
Data Management, Enterprise Architecture, and Program Management
support services - focusing on the U.S. Departments of Homeland
Security and Treasury. We strive to hire only ethical, talented,
passionate, and committed "A Players" who already align with the
company's core values: Drive, Delivery Excellence, Reputation,
Responsibility, and a Better Future. No matter how large we grow,
Citizant will retain its collaborative, supportive, small-business
culture, where successful team efforts to address customer
challenges is valued and rewarded. The Values that Define Us
(R2+D2=Better Future) Responsibility. We pull our own weight, teach
others how to pull theirs, and show up whenever a member of our
tribe needs support. Responsibility is about maintaining a sense of
ownership, delivering on our commitments, and being mindful of our
wake. Reputation.-- We create balanced outcomes, communicate our
intentions with honesty and clarity, and honor our commitments.
Reputation is about building and maintaining trust. Drive.-- We
lean in to the hard work of empowering a vibrant and sustainable
culture, creating jobs, developing leaders, communicating clearly,
making a difference, and contributing to a greater outcome. Drive
is about courage and faith, Delivery Excellence. We focus on
quality over quantity and value the journey of continuous process
improvement and organizational maturity. Delivery Excellence is
about pride in our work and fulfillment as a result. Better Future.
A Better Future is the reward given and received for living an
authentic life of service - to each other, our customers, our loved
ones, and our communities. Better Future is about giving more than
we take. Job Description Citizant--is seeking a Senior Proposal
Manager who will oversee development and delivery of high-quality,
compliant, and compelling government proposals. This individual,
who should have a strong background specifically as a Proposal
Manager for federal opportunities, will work closely with
BD,--Capture, and Operations leaders to develop and articulate
technical and management solutions for RFPs, RFIs, Sources Sought,
and other pre-proposal deliverables.
The Senior Proposal Manager will guide and coordinate the efforts
of other proposal resources including employees, consultants, and
teaming partners to ensure maximum collaboration, timely adherence
to schedule, high quality work products, and overall proposal
development effectiveness. The work can include directly driving a
proposal from solution to post-submission, or managing others
(i.e., proposal managers, proposal coordinators, section leads,
writers, illustrators, and copy editors) through the proposal
development lifecycle. This individual will be expected to lead
and/or contribute to process improvement efforts in the capture and
proposal phases, and be an advocate for the effective use of
technology to improve productivity, visibility, and quality. The
ideal candidate must be able to lead and facilitate solution
sessions to capture win themes, value propositions, discriminators,
competitive ghosting, and other components of a differentiated win
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a multi-year, successful
impact on their organization's win rate through their proposal
leadership. We also expect candidates to submit a list of winning
and losing proposal efforts they led, or on which they played a
significant role, along with the size/value of those opportunities.
- Lead multiple proposal teams ensuring consistent processes are
applied to deliver high quality compliant proposals.
- Be able to oversee the development of multiple simultaneous
proposals on different timelines; advise leaders on resource
constraints and prioritization of efforts.
- Work with Capture Managers and Operations leaders to compose
effective proposal teams of volume leads, writers, proposal
coordinators, editors, and reviewers.
- Follow Citizant's established ISO, CMMI, and other quality
processes and promote continuous process improvement.
- Evaluate and maintain relationships with external proposal
resources to be ready to handle surges in proposal activity.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports that create
visibility of status/progress on all proposal efforts.
- Track proposal wins/losses and lead lessons-learned exercises
to identify opportunities for process improvement and
- Ensure supplies and equipment are ready for all proposal
production and delivery.
- Mentor and coach new proposal support resources on Citizant
processes and industry best practices.
- Facilitate and support pre-RFP template development, solution
efforts, and information collection.
- Coordinate and facilitate solution and win theme development
- Upon RFP release, establish final proposal outline,
assignments, and schedule; and conduct kick-off meeting.
- Analyze ("shred") RFPs for solution, formatting, and production
requirements and create a compliance matrix and checklists.
- Develop proposal schedule and manage schedule conflicts among
all necessary internal and external proposal team members.
- Develop proposal template, style, format, and instructions to
- Serve as primary point of contact on all deliverables,
including partner data calls.
- Ensure compliance and quality on all deliverables.
- Manage continuing proposal efforts and support section
rewrites, as needed.
- Copy edit, format, and single-voice the proposal, as
- 10 years of relevant professional experience in the Federal
- 10 years of proposal development experience, 5 of which are in
a proposal leadership capacity.
- 10 years of experience with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint,
- 5 years of proposal publications and production
- 5 years of experience leveraging SharePoint 2010 or above
including library management, site administration, and ability to
setup partner sites.
- 3 years of experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro X or higher and
Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Availability to work more than 40 hours/week when necessary to
ensure successfully proposal execution and delivery.
Other Desired Skills:
- Avid interest in exploring the use of technology in
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational
- Ability to stand in front of a group to facilitate solution
sessions or present results.
- Experience with business process improvement initiatives.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of Shipley proposal
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
Certification preferred. Additional Information Citizant maintains
an environment where individuals are excited to join and reluctant
to leave. Our associates accept challenging and rewarding work and,
in return, receive excellent compensation and benefits, as well as
the opportunity for personal and professional development. Citizant
offers comprehensive health and life insurance plans, retirement
savings plans, flexible spending accounts, and training and
education opportunities. Citizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, or disability status.
- 15000 Conference Center Dr, Chantilly, VA 20151, USA
Keywords: Citizant, Chantilly , Senior Proposal Manager, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!