Senior Manager Quality Assurance
Posted on: January 6, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world-'s leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We-'re a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward -- and you can too. Dream it. Build
it. Do it here.What you-'ll be doing... The person in this position
will be responsible for managing a technical team consisting of
software quality assurance engineers performing software system
quality assurance test and verification, test automation, and
engineering process improvement for product development.
- Manage a software quality assurance automation engineering team
performing new feature quality assurance of both large-scale,
high-throughput data processing systems and network solution
- Lead the team in managing workflow using Agile processes and
tools as well as in improving the general engineering process.
- Guide and manage system integration testing involving hardware,
software, network, and database components.
- Achieve system performance excellence through metrics
collection and analysis leading to associated system
- Work with project managers and technical team to understand and
solve challenging technical problems in order to define solutions
with effort estimates.
- Collaborate with software engineering, system engineering, data
analysis, network engineering, and field engineering teams.
- Interface with customers to learn and understand requirements
as well as describe proposed solutions.
- Promote continuous improvement of the environment through new
tools for testing and automation.
- Mentor, coach, and guide team performance.Where you-'ll be
working...In this worksite-based role, you-'ll work onsite at a
defined location, Ashburn, VA.What we-'re looking for... You-'ll
need to have:
- Bachelor-'s degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience building and supporting large-scale, complex
multi-server software systems on the linux platform.
- Experience managing technical teams.
- Willingness to travel.
- Test Automation, Unix/Linux, and Agile software process
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigations as a
condition of employment.Even better if you have one or more of the
- Bachelor-'s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or
other relevant technical field, or exceptional hands-on computer
system experience over extended period of time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Relationship building skills to work with other engineering and
analytical teams to arrive at optimal solutions to technical
- Experience managing and mentoring technical software quality
assurance engineering teams in support of new product
- Hands-on experience with the following: Unix-based systems
(Linux), Agile software processes (Kanban, Scrum).
- Experience with the following technologies/processes: SMTP,
DNS, TCP/IP, Database/SQL knowledge, Atlassian tool suite including
Jira, Networking technologies, Agile methodologies, Big Data
technologies -- Hadoop/HBase/SOLR/Kafka/Nifi.Equal Employment
Opportunity We-'re proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and
celebrate our employees-' differences, including race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know
that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity
and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel
valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and
contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page
to learn more. COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new
hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides
reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g.,
for medical or religious reasons).
Internal ID: 571806PandoLogic. Keywords: Quality Control / Quality
Assurance Manager, Location: Chantilly, VA - 20151
Keywords: Verizon, Chantilly , Senior Manager Quality Assurance, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!