Company: Allan Myers
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The assistant equipment manager responsible for planning,
coordinating and directing the operations of all equipment for
effective maintenance and repair programs, equipment safety
programs and equipment use on company job sites. The position acts
as a technical advisor on all equipment issues and assists the
management team with equipment budgets and potential equipment
acquisitions and disposals. Conducts all work in accordance with
Allan Myers policies, procedures, and programs
Allan Myers Core Values
- Communicates, models and continuously reinforces Allan Myer'
culture and leadership practices with direct reports, including
Allan Myers Values, Safety, Delay Free Production, Ethics Policy
and the Collaborative Way.
Technical: - Means/Methods
- Implement department objectives and strategies to maintain an
effective equipment program within the boundaries of compliance,
regulations and department policies.
- Act as a technical advisor to all field equipment employees.
Assist management team with final equipment budgets and potential
- Provide overall direction to the shops including staffing,
training, administration of department wages, organizational
structure, performance review of personnel, and recommending
promotion and transfer of staff.
- Manage and direct effective maintenance and repair programs,
equipment safety programs, and equipment utilization on company
projects and equipment leased to others. -
- Ensure all telematics systems are functioning correctly,
equipment and drivers are accurately assigned, and that information
- Track all maintenance and inspection events to ensure records
are complete, accurate and compliant.
- Maintain all equipment files including inventory, repair and
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Review monthly invoices accrual and report necessary
- Manage existing and develop new vendor relations. Strive for
continuous pricing, service and other improvements. -
- Perform additional assignments as requested by the Executive
Vice President and Equipment Director.
- Follows the Allan Myers Safety Program including preplanning to
identify conditions and exposures, proper safety and personal
protective equipment and accident investigation and reporting..
- Supervision -- Effectively trains, coaches, disciplines and
develops employees to achieve and maintain positive working
relationship within the shop. Achieves desired results through
effective leadership and appropriate influence while adhering to
established policies and procedures.
- Confidentiality -- Expected to keep any and all sensitive
materials confidential. -
- Mental Application -- Makes quick, rational decisions. Strives
for innovation and efficiencies with the department
- Contacts: Internal and Public -- Contact with Field Managers,
Vendors, and Employees
- Four year degree in Construction or Engineering preferred -
- 4 years experience in construction equipment utilization (such
as master mechanic or equipment management), or equivelant
combinations of technical training and experience
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation,
and maintenance of construction equipment
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Should possess excellent communication skills and ability to use
- Must have ability to work independently and be
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism in all
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Interact professionally with the public and others in the
company while making deliveries
- Proficient in written and verbal business communications
- Ability to give and receive written or oral
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with
office and field personnel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
Requires the ability to sit, use hands/fingers, talk and hear.
Occasionally requires the ability to stand, walk, reach climb,
balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. May occasionally require the
ability to lift up to 50lbs. -Requires the following specific types
of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus
The work environment varies depending on assignment and includes
shop and/or office setting. May be subject to moderate noise levels
due to equipment operations
Travel and commuting requirements may vary by assignment and work
locations for assignments are subject to change
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials
production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure:
the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public
water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home
and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest
quality standards because it ensures our work will have a
long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for
"Better, Faster, Safe" performance continues to bring us tremendous
success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and
services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people
to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn
and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American
Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the
industry because we treat every person as a family member. That
means we practice care and concern for one another's safety and
well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer
extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive,
we will help you build a career in the thriving construction
industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Allan Myers, Chantilly , Equipment Manager, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!