Operations & Maintenance Manager
Posted on: June 21, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:The Homeland Security Solutions
Division within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an
openingfor an Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Manager. The work
location is to be Ashburn, Virginia, but the operations managed
include approximately 360 international ports of entry/exit and 39
Border Patrol stations. This is an exciting opportunity to support
the Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program for U.S.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP). ITI2 will support CBP's
ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain,
enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain,
develop and deploy new technical solutions. These solutions are
intended to satisfy ongoing requirements for traveler processing
through land, sea, and air ports of entry, as well as through
Border Patrol inspection checkpoints. In this mission we are
looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who
wants to tackle new challenges and be a part of creating innovative
solutions for national security and flow of travel and commerce.The
O&M Manager will oversee all required operational and
maintenance activities, as well as sustainment and future
modernization efforts - anything that involves touching or changing
the port systems supporting ITI2. This includes managing a
geographically distributed and diverse set of subcontractors with
various skills and capabilities, from IT maintenance to electrical
contracting, pulling wire to minor construction and civil works -
anything needed to maintain and enhance port operations for ITI2.
The O&M Manager will also be responsible for the logistics of
supporting the ports, maintaining both just-in-time and inventory
parts, a warehouse operation for spares and repairs, and GFE
provided to support the mission. The O&M Manager will use
predictive maintenance tools to ensure that stocks are right-sized
and available based on expected failure rates, mean times to
repair, and required ITI2 service level agreements (SLAs) with
CBP.The O&M Manager will work closely with the development
teams (hardware, software, and integration) and the IT Security
Specialist to develop preventive maintenance plans and activities
required to sustain, secure, and enhance the core systems and their
interfaces to networks and other supporting systems.Primary
- Management of the O&M staff, both direct to Leidos and
indirect staff under subcontractors.
- Trouble shooting applications, interfaces, and maintenance
understanding around middleware, software, and firmware.
- Be responsible for meeting or exceeding contractually required
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordinating,
trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules
including managing O&M teams around specific platform
- Maintain the trouble ticketing system required for dispatch and
disposition, and manage the Tier 2 and Tier 3 personnel assigned to
support maintenance dispatch.
- Transparent and timely communications, reports, and regular
status meetings with internal team members and with external
stakeholders and customers to communicate status on broken systems,
status on upgrades, and planning for new initiatives.
- Maintain the ITI2 nationwide dashboard of status by port.
- Provide mentoring and training to team members on SOPs,
technologies and CBP requirements.
- Monitor maintenance trends and results of predictive analytics
to anticipate stocking and service needs so trips to the ports are
timed for best advantage (e.g. doing PM while at the port for
another fix) so that outages are minimized and labor and costs are
- Maintain knowledge and tracking of all assets required for the
- Requires degree in either IT/Computer Science, Information
Systems, Logistics Managing or a related field and at least 8 years
of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior
- Experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Experience in managing Tier II and Tier II support
- Strong asset management knowledge and proven experiences
- Experience with corrective maintenance response initiatives as
well as root cause analysis and planning.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance planning as well as
Corrective Maintenance activities
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership
(internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance
to the organization/project.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple
locations and multiple contractors.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full
Background InvestigationPreferred Qualifications
- Software development, hardware deployment system integration
and/or test experience is a plus
- Experience with large-scale equipment deployments and
sustainment activities on US borders
- PMI PMP certificationITI2Pay Range:
Keywords: Leidos, Chantilly , Operations & Maintenance Manager, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!