Asst Manager, Food Service- Mon-Fri.,
Company: Guest Services
Posted on: January 18, 2023
GREAT PEOPLE - GREAT BENEFITS - JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Asst. Manager, Food Service, $55,000+/year
Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring an Assistant Manager, Food
Service for our client location in Chantilly, VA!
This position pays $55,000-65,000/year. This is an entry level
position for an assistant manager in the Food service industry with
prior experience managing a staff of 8 or more.
This position is full time, Monday thru Friday, and comes with
benefits such as:
- meal credits towards breakfast and lunch
- options for medical, dental, vision, etc.
- amazing 401K matching program
- No Holidays, Nights or Weekends
- employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities
Please note: this location is metro accessible, Fairfax Connector
routes 640,642, and 644.
US Citizenship is required for this position. All employees must
submit to a federal background check.
This position requires security clearance, or the ability to obtain
one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In
addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment
may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must
meet eligibility requirements and maintain Secret Level
The Assistant Manager assists the Unit Manager in all aspects of
center operations and floor management, including food, beverage,
equipment, and property to facilitate the fulfillment of financial
goals and company initiatives. In addition, the Assistant Manager
assists in cultivating a team environment that provides exceptional
customer service while ensuring all staff members perform at a
consistently high level. The Assistant Manager also works towards
motivating employees, instilling accountability, and achieving
results to drive success in the position.
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager and assist in the
overall management of the unit's operations, including planning and
developing daily operations; forecasting and analyzing sales,
labor, and profit; and, ensuring compliance with established
budget; and scheduling, supervising, and participating in the
operational duties specific to the unit.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, training, scheduling,
disciplining, reviewing, and directing the unit's staff.
- Maintain accounting records, daily reporting requirement, and
cash control. Assist in managing P&L statement.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including
standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit's equipment, food
production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress,
cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify Unit Manager of all
unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at
all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when
interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Perform unit opening and/or closing procedures.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Bachelor's or Business
- At least 1-2 years of experience in related management
- Food Safety Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple
priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to
assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent
movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry,
reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or
otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35
lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator
walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to
understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability
to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and
co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with
other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils (pots and
pans, fryers, stove, among others)
- Cash registers/POS system
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier,
scanner, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Guest Services, Chantilly , Asst Manager, Food Service- Mon-Fri.,, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!