VP, Government Affairs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Title:VP, Government Affairs(BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED)When you
become part of our KBR team, your opportunities are endless.
Through internal collaboration, and with our partners and
customers, were defining tomorrows challenges, then providing the
innovative solutions to overcome those challenges, always
maintaining our commitment to Zero Harm and Sustainability
Platform. At KBR, we partner with government and commercial clients
to provide purposeful and comprehensive solutions. With a full
portfolio of services, proprietary technologies and expertise, our
more than 37,500 employees are ready to handle projects and
missions throughout their entire lifecycle, from planning and
design to sustainability and maintenance. Whether at the bottom of
the ocean or in outer space, our clients trust us to deliver the
impossible on a daily basis. Working at KBR means being rewarded
for your contributions. In addition to competitive benefits and
professional development, our people are empowered to use all their
potential, creating meaningful change for themselves and our
clients. We attract the best minds in the world because our
expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration.
That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions. As
the needs of the world change, were ready to respond and guide the
way forward with strategic, sustainable, and technological
advancements grounded in more than a century of practical
application and execution. Position Overview / Primary
Responsibilities and Duties: This position will report directly to
the President of Government Solutions U.S. and be a critical member
of the GS US Executive Leadership team. The primary purpose of the
Vice President of Government Affairs is to capture business for KBR
under established well-defined measures of success and value,
specific targets and ongoing reviews of the value-add and return of
investment of the GA function, and by being an advocate, including
lobbying where appropriate, on behalf of KBR and work with federal,
state, and local legislators, and other regulatory government
bodies, to support and drive KBRs Mission and Strategic Goals. This
will include engagement with US government agencies, including but
not limited to DoD, NASA, DHS, Intelligence and FedCiv. The VP GA
will be able to leverage a strong network of external influencers
and work closely with KBR stakeholders to include executives within
business development, operations, strategic solutions, legal,
technology and sustainability to develop and implement legislative
strategies that align with KBR's core values and growth goals.In
addition, learning the full capabilities of KBR and being able to
effectively communicate the KBR Brand, Value Proposition, and Core
Values will be key to success. This role must partner internally
with key technical and sales resources to provide expert guidance
in the fields of environmental and social governance to help KBR
leverage our capabilities that support the Federal Sustainability
Plan and other National Security priorities as related to climate
change impact.Essential Duties:
- Responsible for the overall planning, organization, and
execution of KBRs government affairs strategies and activities to
help facilitate the company's strategic business growth
- Represent KBR and/or connect KBR leadership with elected
officials at the federal, state, and local levels to advance the
organization's positions on legislative policy.
- Proactively monitor, evaluate and report on legislation,
regulations, and rules, as well as the political environment of
interest to KBR.
- Analyze Congressional and Agency Budgets to help inform
Business Development and Strategic growth targets or investigate
strategic enquiries from the businesses to assess and advise KBR on
how best to shape our go to market offerings.
- Develop close working relationships with key internal business
stakeholders and partner with executive and board leadership to
leverage governmental advocacy strategies.
- Develop and manage bipartisan relationships with elected and
senior officials, regulatory agencies, and industry experts at the
federal, state, and local levels.
- Develop collaborative partnerships at the federal, state, and
local levels to track, shape, and draft policy and/or legislation
through participation in various government affairs committees and
workgroups external to KBR.
- Analyze proposed legislative measures and assess the potential
impact on KBR.
- Summarize policy developments to internal stakeholders and
assess impacts on KBR business.
- Facilitate internal committee to assist in monitoring,
analyzing, and summarizing legislation and policy impacting KBR and
the people we support.
- Provide guidance to and collaborate closely with team members
on KBR's initiatives, events, projects, tasks, and daily operations
including, to assist in research and develop materials for
organization projects and communications, including briefs to
internal stakeholders, targeted communications, company story
boards and story-telling database, and any other materials deemed
- Work with KBR leadership team to formulate and draft responses
to elected and senior officials and regulatory agencies at the
federal, state, and local levels.
- Maintain departmental databases, congressional/relationship
management tools, and other digital tools.
- Connect with and coordinate participation in industry
organizations like the Clean Hydrogen Coalition, Consortium for
Energy, Environmental, and Demilitarization (CEED), Professional
Services Council, etc. Required Competencies:
- Expertise in dealing with high-profile stakeholders such as
elected officials, executives, and a variety of external
constituencies; including ability to influence and navigate complex
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex policy and legislative
issues and develop innovative strategies and solutions.
- Possess a solid, broad comprehension of the U.S. government
services environment, including current and future needs for
- Ability to act independently and demonstrate sound business
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement comprehensive
Government Affairs strategies that include lobbying, association
engagement, third party advocacy, digital/social/earned media, and
other Government Affairs tools that result in successful engagement
of external groups and influencers.
- Possess strong research, analytical, critical thinking and
interpersonal skills, the ability to speak and write persuasively
and a proven track record of being able to work under tight
- Demonstrate a high degree of emotional intelligence, displaying
candor and integrity at all times.
- Willingness to work collaboratively by incorporating diverse
perspectives and appropriately managing relationships.
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophies for services and
management of person centeredness and shared leadership.
- Ability to work within and manage ambiguity. Excel in dealing
with challenges or events that do not always have a process,
system, or solutions in place.
- Knowledge of core business functions including but not limited
to: accounting and finance, marketing and communications, human
resources and legal issues, economics, and general
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred, in
Public Relations, Communications, Political Science, Business, or a
related field. Advanced degree in law, public policy, or a related
discipline is a plus.Experience:
- 15+ years' experience working with legislative and/or
regulatory bodies at the federal and/or state level, preference for
some of this experience to be in the US Government Services
- Previous experience on Capitol Hill or with a State Legislature
- Demonstrated work experience with federal elected officials,
political parties, companies, consultancies, trade associations,
governmental agencies, or equivalent organizations.
- Strong bipartisan network that can be leveraged on behalf of
KBR.In compliance with the U.S. federal governments vaccine
mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or
have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will
be considered for this position.KBR is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status
and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: KBR, Chantilly , VP, Government Affairs, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!