Posted on: August 14, 2019
- Ensure that the department operates as effectively and
efficiently as possible relative to study acquisition, costing,
controllable costs, staffing, invoicing, equipment, and space
- Assist improvements in productivity and efficiency through
6-Sigma analysis, process evaluation, and establishing operational
metrics in the various profit centers across the various department
locations and within the various groups that support
- Manages a staff of analytical scientists.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to scientific and
operations staff as necessary.
- Participates in training of instrument operators and scientists
in proper operation and application of analytical hardware and
software (e.g. LC/MS, HPLC, GC, GC/MS).
- Responsible for implementation of training and mentoring
program for staff members.
- Leads initiatives, in conjunction with colleagues at other
sites if applicable, to drive utilization of new technologies and
- Serves as the main contact regarding methods development and
troubleshooting, ensuring perfect transfer of methods.
- Acts as research scientist, in a team work setting, for
technical direction on complex projects.
- Monitors progress and status of assigned studies.
- Ensures the scientific objectivity, credibility, and expertise
of the department.
- Provide oversight to support services; such as Facilities,
Maintenance, and Metrology, within the department to ensure that
they are effectively coordinated.
- Monitor business unit financial and operational trends.
Communicate this information to appropriate department managers,
site leaders and the department Vice President
- Coordinate and assist the business unit financial analyst in
the preparation of profit center and support unit budgets. Provide
support for project costing, department forecasting and revenue
- Utilize information provided from metrics to guide strategies
for improving department performance by working with area
management to identify opportunities.
- Work with the commercial team to provide department information
for completing client requests for proposal information. Work with
Client services and management team to help build targets around
work opportunities and project costing.
- Consults with staff across the department to ensure client
needs and deliverables are being met.
- Provide long term and short term revenue forecasting for
department to design budgets and drive resource needs and drive
revenue recognition activities.
- Monitor workflow and revenue production schedules to maximize
the efficiency of the workflow throughout the various department
- Address facility and equipment issues and act as
point-of-contact for external service personnel as
- Address client issues and coordinate any cross departmental
corrective and preventative action plans that may be required.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for capital expenditures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education/Qualifications
- BS/BA, peferable Ph.D or Master in Biological Science,
Chemistry. Business, Operational Management or Finance, or other
related field degree is optional Experience
- 10 - 15 years related experience, including experience in an
operational leadership role
- Prior experience in scientific/regulatory oversight for work
conducted in a GCP or GLP testing environment. Demonstrated
industry knowledge for Regulated Bioanalysis, preferably in a
contract laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of preclinical/clinical assays.
- Skilled in performing presentations.
- Skilled in time management, planning and budgeting
- Pharmaceutical background in Drug Disposition, Drug Development
and use of specific assays and formats: ELISA, MSD, cell-based
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and metrics.
- Strong ability to review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of computers,
familiarity with use of CMS, proficiency in Microsoft applications
including Microsoft Project. Familiarity with general business
processes in one or more of the core Covance business
Keywords: Covance, Chantilly , Sr Manager-BioA, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!