Company: A Girl and Her Dog LLC
Posted on: October 8, 2019
Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa
services has an opening for an energetic, organized, sales and
solution-minded individual to join our team as a Shift Manager.
This is an operationally intense, customer service focused, key
role within our business to manage the health and safety
environment for all the dogs in our care as well as servicing each
customer to exceed their expectations. This person should love dogs
-- and, upon successful completion of training, you can even bring
YOUR dog to work with you! What a bonus!
What we offer: Let's look at what Dogtopia does for you!
- It's always bring your dog to work day!
- Education in dog social behaviors, obedience, and
- Fun, Dynamic team culture with over 90 locations
- Additional certification programs available based upon merit
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Learn and master key skills related to customer service,
teamwork, and even sales!
Now that we have the fun out of the way, let's get into what you
can offer us.
The Shift Manager is responsible for maintaining accountability and
safety for a team of up to 20 employees and a group of up to 110
customer dogs! We are a fast-paced business and the candidate
should be prepared to spend the entire shift on his/her feet.
Multi-tasking and maintaining organization in a busy environment is
Shift Managers must meet the following requirements, demonstrate
symbolic leadership, as well as outstanding customer service both
internally and externally.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding and setting the example for our company values
- Successful interviewing and hiring of team members
- Overseeing training and developing of team members, including
offering daily feedback as well as writing and delivering
- Overseeing the maintenance of store social media presence
- Maintaining and monitoring store supply levels and budgeting
- Providing the highest level of customer service to our clients,
including managing any customer complaints through our online
customer satisfaction rating system
- Ability to invoice customer purchases accurately, as well as
monitor accountability of team in this area
- In-store and out-of-store marketing such as local dog events,
special promotions, and customer competitions
- Ensuring that all Dogtopia health and safety policies are
followed with regard to the dogs and the team members
Successful candidates should:
- Have a minimum of two years of direct management experience of a
team of 5 or more employees. This is an entry level management
position but you must have some prior management experience at a
minimum a key holder or department manager level.
- Have a genuine affinity for dogs; they are the center of our
- Be willing and able to learn basics of dog behavior; attending
the playrooms will occasionally be required
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel
- Possess strong verbal communication skills and the ability to
train and develop teams
- Possess strong skills in organization, multi-tasking, and
- Demonstrate proven customer service skills
Our Shift Managers work a 3 week rotation schedule which requires
them to work one week of primarily AM shifts (5:30am-2pm), one week
of PM shifts (1:30pm-10pm), and one week of combination shifts.
Dogtopia operates from 5:30am - 10pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a
year (holidays included). This consistent 3 week rotation schedule
provides the Shift Manager with 2 days off each week (every 3rd
weekend the Shift Manager is scheduled off). As a result, this
position requires a candidate who has availability and flexibility
to work this rotation schedule.
- Health Insurance, PTO, 401k, Free Dog Daycare, Retail Discount,
As part of the management team, it is expected that shift leaders
will be assigned special projects, duties and responsibilities in
addition to the above list to develop further growth towards
Keywords: A Girl and Her Dog LLC, Chantilly , Shift Manager, Executive , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!