Elasticsearch Systems Architect (Government)
Posted on: November 17, 2021
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure,
IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional
services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting,
developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that
is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values
and dedicated to our customers' mission.
Our Cyber Security Team supports the customer by investigating,
analyzing, and mitigating cybersecurity incidents that attempt to
breach the Customer's network infrastructure, applications, and
AT&T has an opening for Elasticsearch Systems Architect to
support the Grimlock Program in providing compliance engineering
support at the enterprise level.
- Architect each component of the Elastic Software stack to size
and estimated system costs for data ingest and associated customer
- These requirements include but are not limited to assessing the
Extract Transform Load (ETL) layer based on identified dat types,
data ingest queue factoring, indexing and retention
- Infrastructure assessments for system high availability (zoning
and rack-awareness), system hardware typing and network bandwidth
- Provide system configuration recommendations and vendor best
practices to integration engineers to install new Elastic Stack
systems and associated components.
- Recommend device connection and installation strategies across
multiple networks and platforms.
- This includes but is not limited to orchestration and
automation strategies. Provide development support to the emerging
requirements of event ingest.
- Design and develop customer Beats or Logstash configurations to
enable the audit collection segment to either accept or extract
data from an audit generation system such as an application
database, file, or syslog stream.
- Work with data architect to ensure system components support
data flow architecture for processing and storing the data
- Provide system setting recommendations and operations
sustainment strategies, e.g., system data backups based on Curator
Processes, redundant clusters for high availability, etc.
Experience with the current NCAVE project preferred. Required
Clearance: TS/SCI/POLY(#ts/sci) (#polygraph)
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- EXPEREINCE: 7 Years OR more of Elastic Stack Experience.
- Certifications: 8570-Compliance Certifications. Must hold an
IAT Level III Certification to include CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP
- Experience with engineering and administrating the Elastic
Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats) in production at
scale (multi-node clusters, hot/warm/cold architectures, index
lifecycle management, snapshots, etc.)
- Experience managing Linux hosts (CentOS / RHEL 7.X preferred),
to include securing to defined baselines (such as NIST 800-53, DISA
- Knowledge and experience using NoSQL and related solution
- Experience with data lifecycle management, to include common
ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques, preferably with Logstash
- Experience planning and integrating data schemas and KQL /
Lucene query syntax
- Experience developing custom visualizations (preferably in
Kibana) to convey business analytics of value to customers
- Experience with automated configuration management tools
(Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack) and containers/orchestration
(Docker, Kubernetes), and version control systems (GitHub,
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, preferably Amazon Web
- Experience with implementation of and challenges with message
queue technologies, such as Apache or Confluent Kafka, RabbitMQ,
- Proficiency with programming and scripting concepts, preferably
in Python, for custom development and integrations
- Strong networking background with analytical and
problem-solving/troubleshooting skills to effectively resolve
problems both in development and production
- Experience working in DevOps structured and Agile
- Experience with Kubernetes, specifically ECK is a plus
- Experience with RMF process is a plus Ready to join our team?
Keywords: AT&T, Chantilly , Elasticsearch Systems Architect (Government), Government & Protective Services , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!