Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Therapist works in a dynamic multidisciplinary team providing
treatment services according to the Discovery Clinical Model.
Therapist responsibilities include ensuring patient safety,
providing milieu interventions, leading psychoeducational and
process-oriented therapy groups, facilitate clinical assessments,
conduct individual and family therapy sessions, and other case
management tasks, as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures clinical documentation is completed timely throughout
the course of treatment.
- Establish therapeutic rapport with patients and families/loved
- Carries a case load of 5-6 patients.
- Facilitates admission assessments and the admission process for
new patients with professionalism, courtesy, and a welcoming
- Understands role in providing expeditious access to care for
individuals seeking services.
- Participates in weekly treatment team and communicates weekly
treatment goals with all team members.
- Completes appropriate number of therapy sessions weekly for
patients, including family/support system sessions aligned with the
patients' level of care.
- Facilitates process orientated and psychoeducation groups one
to two times, daily.
- Required to sit at a meal and/or snack a minimum of once per
- Facilitates multi-family groups, family program, and/or family
- Provides utilization reviews to insurance companies, providing
appropriate clinical information to obtain initial authorization
and continuing stay authorization, as necessary.
- Is appropriately accessible to family members or loved ones.
Returning all calls and emails within 2 hours during business hours
of operations and 24 hours all other times.
- Assesses patients for suicidality and possibility of danger to
self or others.
- May provide additional clinical support for other members of
the clinical team in their absence.
- Communicates with the Utilization Review Department and
Business Department regarding authorization and payment.
- Begins discharge planning on day of admission for all
- Completes discharge session with patient to ensure coping
skills, transition plan, and resources are understood and
- Ensures discharge appointments are confirmed with patient and
loved ones prior to discharge.
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge.
- Facilitates patient transfers to higher level of care, as
- Actively participates in clinical outreach and program tours,
- Effectively manages crises in sessions and the milieu.
- Provides support to milieu staff in their interactions with
patients and their loved ones.
- Works collaboratively with the entire treatment team and milieu
staff to always ensure the highest level of clinical quality.
- Completes other tasks, as requested or assigned.This is a full
time position. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our
website at discoverymood.com.
Master's or Doctorate degree in relevant field, required
- Completion of state requirements and state license to conduct
therapeutic interventions required
- Obtain CPI certification within 90 days of hire
- Obtain CPR, AED, and First Aid certification within 90 days of
- Must possess a current driver's license and be in good
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Chantilly , Behavioral Therapist, Healthcare , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!