Multi-tenant Lab Systems Engineering Tech Lead
Company: CACI International
Posted on: March 11, 2019
The CDM Program is managed within the DHS Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, CISA/Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C)/Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division, responsible for enhancing the security, resilience, and reliability of the Nations cyber and communications infrastructure. The DHS CDM Program mission is to safeguard and secure cyberspace in an environment where the threat of cyber-attack is continuously growing and evolving. The CDM Program defends the United States (U.S.) Federal Information Technology (IT) networks from cybersecurity threats by providing continuous monitoring sensors (tools), diagnosis, mitigation tools, and associated services to strengthen the security posture of Government networks.
What Youll Get to Do:
You will lead a small Lab Team responsible for providing a multi-tenant, multi-cloud, cloud and on-prem IT lab environment solution to enable solutions development and operations teams the necessary sandboxes within which to execute their assigned missions, while providing needed/wanted common services to reduce redundancy, and still enabling specific communication between sandboxes as needed. You wont be living in a confined stovepipe or swim-lane. Although the overall contract consists of one base year and five option years, youll participate in enabling multiple approximately six-month solution-integration project efforts which may be similar with others, or they may be completely unique. Flexibility and adaptability are ways of life here on the CDM team. Although this is a high-pace environment, be assured youd be joining a people-oriented team and overall community thats just as flexible as were hoping you to be.
More About the Role:
- A highly technical Jack of all Trades, but stronger in the Windows ecosystem than Linux. You might be a true SME in one or more things, or not, but youre able to rapidly learn and adapt to new challenges and technologies.
- Communicates well with both technical and non-technical colleagues, sharing knowledge and insight, to include government stakeholders
- Act as the Tech Lead of a small team tasked with developing, deploying, and maintaining a multi-tenant, multi-platform, infrastructure to provide lab IT enclaves under the general oversight and guidance of a highly technical engineering manager.
- In the lab core services enclaves, you might provision, install, configure, monitor and maintain applications, platform services, and/or operating systems (either or both of Windows and Linux) on both public and private VM infrastructures, in order to implement, manage, and maintain the envisioned security model and provide certain centralized services to tenants.
- Create and manages scripts
- Produces and reviews detailed documentation and diagrams regarding the solution being integrated
- Participate in the internal Engineering Review process
- Provide oversight and technical cross-training/coaching of more junior colleagues
Youll Bring These Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be successfully obtain to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) EOD authorization. Active DoD clearance preferred but not required.
- Understands and intuits "why things work", not just the ability to follow installation and configuration guides
- Strong experience integrating and troubleshooting systems in a Windows Server environment
- Strong experience integrating, securing, and making useful one or more of the following Microsoft platform services: Microsoft Active Directory (at an advanced level), Windows AD-integrated PKI (at an advanced level), MS SQL Server, IIS
- Strong experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Strong experience with securing systems following STIGs, best practices, and government/compliance requirements (NIST 800-53, FISMA, etc.)
- Moderate to Strong experience creating and analyzing PowerShell and/or Command Shell scripts
- Moderately strong understanding network communication fundamentals.
- Experience engineering in highly structured, segmented/partitioned networks
- Experience with log management, network firewalls, and testing
- University Degree (BS), or equivalent years of related experience, and additionally 7+ years of related IT engineering experience required.
- One (1) of the following certifications is required within 6 weeks of hire: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional (Preferred), AWS Certified Security - Specialty, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional. CACI will provide access to CBTs as well as reimburse for exams fees.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Relevant Technical and/or Security Certifications (e.g. CISSP, Microsoft, AWS, VMware, et cetera)
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting systems in Linux environment (CentOS/RHEL preferred)
- Experience Creating and analyzing Python, Perl, and/or Bash scripts
- Experience with any or all of these products or technologies: PostGRE SQL, Red Hat Satellite, Nagios, McAfee ePO, Tanium, IPSEC, ForeScout, CyberARK, CA PAM/Xceedium, SailPoint, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Splunk, AMQP (RabbitMQ), Nessus, Phantom, Swimlane, ServiceNow, Qualys, SCCM, BigFix, MDM solutions
- Technical degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject area
- Experience as a scrum master
What We Can Offer You:
- Weve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nations highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACIs unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: CACI International, Chantilly , Multi-tenant Lab Systems Engineering Tech Lead, Healthcare , Chantilly, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!